Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:34 AM
Large Bat

Default HQ Everquest Map images?

Hey hey,

So I plan on making a custom world globe, but of Odus/Antonica/Faydwer/Velious instead of Earth. I've found some decently high quality images, but was hoping I could find higher resolution images. As of now the best I have is a 1500x1200 resolution map of Norrath + Velious. In all of those maps, it seems Velious is way out of proportion to the rest of the world (Velious, as I remember, is HUGE). If anyone has any better scaled images, or higher resolution images, please share!

The best image I have as of now is this:
bigmapwhite.jpg
Old 07-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

That's a really cool idea. I don't sorry =/ But I'm not sure you should worry about the scaling so much, and if you do, worry about he scaling of Odus. That thing should be tiny compared to Antonica, but it's over 1/4 the size.

I bet N/Sro + Oasis + WK is bigger than all of Odus. Kunark is also quite large because its zones are huge.

GL with it.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Velious was not bigger.

Bet someone can hack the textures of that globe in Skyfire if you want a "true" "scale" map.
Last edited by myriverse; 07-16-2015 at 02:33 PM..
Old 07-16-2015, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Velious was not "huge" velious' ZONES were huge. Notice that there are only like 6 velious zones and like 30 Antonica zones. Velious is a large island broken up into a few large zones. Antonica is a LARGER island broken up into dozens of smaller zones.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Banned

I remember I saw somewhere online a couple years ago somebody was using a 3d modeling program to make an HD replica of antonica based on the map artwork that came with the game. I remember it looking REALLY cool but it wasnt finished and now I can't find it at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Large Bat

I plan on doing all the maths before I do anything, for scaling reasons. Easy enough using EQAtlas maps and taking the X and Y coordinates to calculate Latitude/Longitude/Distance. For example, to go from west to east of the classic world, it is approximately 95,750 /loc units (feet I'm pretty sure). That's from Kerra Isle to Steamfont mountains.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:05 AM
Orc

The highest quality maps you can get will involve downloading some of the map packs used when Ykesha introduced cartography. Mapfiend.net has most of them. You can parse and draw them yourself or use EQMapper or the Mapfiend map viewer to load them.

Keep in mind that some of the labels on the maps won't be accurate, as they were drawn far past the scope of P99. Also, areas with many floors will be confusing. Ahem, Blackburrow.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember I saw somewhere online a couple years ago somebody was using a 3d modeling program to make an HD replica of antonica based on the map artwork that came with the game. I remember it looking REALLY cool but it wasnt finished and now I can't find it at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Fan_Art_...fx_3d_worldmap
Old 07-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderclasp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I plan on doing all the maths before I do anything, for scaling reasons. Easy enough using EQAtlas maps and taking the X and Y coordinates to calculate Latitude/Longitude/Distance. For example, to go from west to east of the classic world, it is approximately 95,750 /loc units (feet I'm pretty sure). That's from Kerra Isle to Steamfont mountains.
This is such a cool project. I would be interested to see how the landmasses appear when you add up all of the X, Y coordinates. Im willing to bet it will stretch the continents far out of proportion to the way they appear on the cloth/printed maps.

Good luck!!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Large Rat

Seriously, if someone has the capability to deliver on a beautiful, high quality map of Norrath ... I'll PayPal real quick. I want to enlarge it and place it on one of my walls.
Closed Thread