Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh definitely. When I used to farm ct and took too many exp deaths I would go to guk and farm the undead tower for a while to get my exp back cause guk was way way better. After the zem change I would just stay in ct and watch my exp top off so much quicker.

Going back to guk, now strictly for the weather, women and the weed, sticky green frogs.
Aye, they are tasty, but not much meat on them bones. I need big beautiful chunks to sink my chompers into otherwise I don't sleep very well. And Sal isn't very happy when he doesn't get his sleep.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 04-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Orc

I must be blind, but where do I find the link to the files to download?
Old 04-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Not seeing the warrens on the list, does it have a ZEM?
Old 04-22-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not seeing the warrens on the list, does it have a ZEM?
Only classic zones are changed here. Warrens was added after.

Curious to see how Kunark/Velious zones might be changed in the future. Some definitely need some loving.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious to see how Kunark/Velious zones might be changed in the future. Some definitely need some loving.
One important thing to keep in mind (as I imagine R&N will if they revamp ZEMs in Velious) is that Velious zones have a lower ZEM by design.

Remember, Kunark took people to 60, but Velious didn't introduce any new level cap whatsoever: the expansion was about loot (well, and getting faction ... to get loot). I'm not trying to say people weren't meant to XP in Velious (of course they were), but the lower ZEMs/ better loot (relative to Kunak) reflected the expansion's goal.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:11 PM
Aviak

I would like to see low ZEM Kunark zones like LOIO get some love, and Velious zones get a ZEM boost, to spread out the population more. Kinda nuts to see the high ZEM zones full of folks while less ZEM zones stay empty.

Of course currently with all of us sitting at home, every zone is crowded on Green atm =P
Old 04-22-2020, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sure no blue player wants to hear this, but the Hole ZEM is probably overboard now. It was already really good and now its basically trivializing the 51 - 60 curve, which was always a trademark big grind and big achievement in EQ. Really should revisit that one prior to hole launching on green IMO, let blue have fun with it for the time being maybe, but this doesn't bode well for a healthy Kunark experience on green.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Bump because very curious about ZEM adjustments beyond "classic" zones... even though The Hole doesn't open during classic era...

Plus the Blue people probably wanna know.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm loving the changes to zem, I really like that the Gorge of King Xorbb is pretty active and a great lvl 20ish place to level.

I tried running out to Permafrost, and it's still pretty dead, I would worry that permafrost may still be so empty because it's such a long run to get there.

From the spreadsheet there's an interesting grouping.

I wonder with Permafrost if it's lack of close ports still makes it hard to get groups at it? Would adding Surefall Glade port in make Permafrost a little more attractive to groups ?
Old 07-28-2020, 06:12 AM
Sarnak

Permafrost is less attractive to groups because mobs heal through walls. It's a fun zone and good xp. But for smaller groups it can be a huge pain with so many healing mobs. Also kings room pathing trains is a real thing, it's simply quite dangerous.