Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Should just be able to copy/paste the files in the root of the Everquest folder - it should ask to replace a bunch of files.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-14-2020, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryKoolaid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumb question, but is there a guide on how to properly apply the patch without screwing up your files? I'm getting an error about Spell Files Out Of Date when I try and login and I have the patch files downloaded, just not correctly placed in my folder.

How do we add it in?
http://wiki.project1999.com/How_to_Patch

But basically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should just be able to copy/paste the files in the root of the Everquest folder - it should ask to replace a bunch of files.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:55 AM
Fire Giant

So... where can I find the actual patch? I can't see any files (I'm trying to set up the game again after a few years away). Am I blind?
Old 05-17-2020, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... where can I find the actual patch? I can't see any files (I'm trying to set up the game again after a few years away). Am I blind?
Is this not it on home page?
https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files53.zip
Old 05-17-2020, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Yes it is, thanks. I got the answer from Discord but by that time couldn't edit my original post.

The problem is that if you start at the forums you will end up at this post, and that will send you in a recursive loop ping-ponging between patch notes and the "Getting Started" thread.

I'd suggest mods/devs adjust the information there to match what is on the front page as it's incredibly confusing for someone starting or coming back after some time. New players may not even know anywhere but the forums exist if they begin there.
Last edited by t0lkien; 05-17-2020 at 04:46 PM..
Old 05-17-2020, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Rewrote the Proc Chance formula to more accurately take attack speed into account, to achieve 2 Procs Per Minute given max Dexterity and regardless of attack speed. Dexterity still has a large affect on proc chance. In most cases, this has resulted in a slight increase in chance to proc.
Hundreds of hammer accidents are gonna be caused by this, sadism!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-31-2020, 07:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You gotta wonder how anyone stuck with a warrior in vanilla when the designers messed up both warrior aggro mechanics: taunt (snap didn't work vs white and above) and bash (was meant to generate stun aggro similar to spells).

It did make the game a bit more interesting though, having to be so careful to manage aggro!
groups had to work with what they had, so rooting the mob on the tank / blurring, screaming terror, whatever helped warriors keep the mobs in their face. Clerics had atone too just in case. rangers / paladins came in handy with their roots if they werent tanking in order to keep it on lock to since they can take a couple to the chin while the warrior swings away. *sips* yep.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

no link how do you play? What is this mess
Closed Thread