Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-09-2020, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

My bad, bindle and findle were necros. Fixed in the sheet.
Old 10-10-2020, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Going to post this one here as well, since the sheet data has exposed that pet ranges were wider on live than on P99 for several spells.

Level 36 (pet's actual level) was a special level for pets, they began quadding. Originally, Level 44 pet summons could summon pets that were both below and above that, resulting in the 44th pets' power being rather different depending on which level of summoned pet you got. This was changed in December 2000 such that 44th tier pet summons would always summon a 36+ pet.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=346531

So when looking at the sheet data, pay this in mind, if it's possible to allow for this in the era rules.

Summon Dead (lvl29) is another pet spell whose range was wider on live than on P99 as evidenced in the sheet. I'm sure there are a few others.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

This one is also kinda related if discussing pet levels, the highest Haunting Corpse summons (>= Summon Corpse) would dual wield. They may already do that here, I'm actually not able to test it.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325528
Old 10-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to post this one here as well, since the sheet data has exposed that pet ranges were wider on live than on P99 for several spells.

Level 36 (pet's actual level) was a special level for pets, they began quadding. Originally, Level 44 pet summons could summon pets that were both below and above that, resulting in the 44th pets' power being rather different depending on which level of summoned pet you got. This was changed in December 2000 such that 44th tier pet summons would always summon a 36+ pet.
This is interesting because on P1999 ALL versions of the level 44 pet will innately quad. So will the top summon from the level 39 pet, which is the same level as the worst summon from the level 44 spell (level 33 summon). Both spells have a 5 level range, the level 44 spell summoning a pet from level 33 to level 37. On P1999 there is no substantial difference in power between a level 35 and a level 36 summon--the level 35 summon hits for a couple points less and has a little less health than a 36 summon (43 vs 45 max hit, 47 for the level 37 summon), but it's nothing dramatic. Granted, EQ patch notes were frequently kept purposely vague, and it's possible what they called dramatic, we might not.

How much wider do you feel Summon Dead's range is supposed to be? It already has a 5 level range, summoning pets that hit from 20 to 28 points maximum damage--or at least it did last time I used the spell, admittedly awhile ago. Pets have been tinkered with on occasion on P1999 so maybe I'm outdated?

I believe the top level of the level 24 summon should dual wield when equipped with weapons. As a SK I do not have that spell, but since the pet level overlaps with the pet levels from the level 29 spell, it's at least a fair assumption.

Danth
Old 10-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

I see Summon Dead giving 21-25 pets in the sheet. Wiki says 22-25 but might just be a case of the wiki being unreliable again.

The change to 44th tier spells to always give 36+ pets I don't think was ever in a patch message, I only learned about it when reading the magecompendium news archive.