Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Lovely items on those shelves, but I'm cringing a little and have to ask; low ceiling or heavy items stored above head height?

not a diss on low ceilings, basements and lofts are things, right?
Old 10-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No actually, it's easier for you to pull a fucking mask out of your pocket and put each loop around your ear.
This won’t convince them. The loss of Ohio, Georgia, Florida, Iowa, and Arizona will perhaps. Texas is gonna be close too based on turnout in Dallas and Houston

You idiots destroyed the Republican Party and spent $10 trillion in the process. Good job rednecks
Old 10-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it matter whether or not the mask is accomplishing anything, or is this more of a signaling thing?
I have been riding public transportation to and from the big downtown ever since covid began.. Also- the public buses aren't charging fare during covid, which means i ride the bus with about 80% homeless folks going to and from major areas for free.

I look around the bus, and i see all these homeless/transient folks wearing masks, every single one of them have a mask on. They may be drunk, high on crack, sober, or just baked.. Who knows, but they all got one on..

They aren't debating masks with the homey next to them. They are just wearing them.. Maybe they aren't even sure why, but they are wearing them...

These are people who have nothing, lost everything, maybe never had anything. Maybe been plagued with mental or physical health issues for so long, this was the only path laid out for them.

And here you all are.. Experts in your own medical field, with some sort of debate or argument about EVERYTHING. You're sippin out of your corner office, or you are playing EQ from you beach house in Hawaii.. Whatever it may be, many of you seem to eat from silver spoons. Which is totally fine but..... Who the fuck cares honestly why you are being asked to wear a mask? Just put it on dude.. There are thooooousands of people, like myself, having to wear these things all day long.. Some, many, or few might agree with them.. But they do it..

Woooo people who can't just be decent human beings without being given all the details make me angry. This is my rant. Now where the fuck is my new preworkout... i need a workout asap.....
Old 10-19-2020, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been riding public transportation to and from the big downtown ever since covid began.. Also- the public buses aren't charging fare during covid, which means i ride the bus with about 80% homeless folks going to and from major areas for free.

I look around the bus, and i see all these homeless/transient folks wearing masks, every single one of them have a mask on. They may be drunk, high on crack, sober, or just baked.. Who knows, but they all got one on..

They aren't debating masks with the homey next to them. They are just wearing them.. Maybe they aren't even sure why, but they are wearing them...

These are people who have nothing, lost everything, maybe never had anything. Maybe been plagued with mental or physical health issues for so long, this was the only path laid out for them.

And here you all are.. Experts in your own medical field, with some sort of debate or argument about EVERYTHING. You're sippin out of your corner office, or you are playing EQ from you beach house in Hawaii.. Whatever it may be, many of you seem to eat from silver spoons. Which is totally fine but..... Who the fuck cares honestly why you are being asked to wear a mask? Just put it on dude.. There are thooooousands of people, like myself, having to wear these things all day long.. Some, many, or few might agree with them.. But they do it..

Woooo people who can't just be decent human beings without being given all the details make me angry. This is my rant. Now where the fuck is my new preworkout... i need a workout asap.....
TLDR: Follow the guidance of the homeless crowd when it comes to healthy life choices.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:59 PM
Banned

It's not at all clear that wearing a mask = being a decent human being. Why not just wear them all the time? Lots of other diseases kill people and, based on current rationale, could be mitigated by wearing masks yet we don't? Maybe we should? If so make that argument. The arbitrary purity test imposed on society by this retarded mask issue is immediately suspect, it is obviously political and like most things political is insanely dumb and bad. Some research suggests wearing a mask makes it *more* likely that you will be infected, because viral particles get re-breathed numerous times when they would otherwise disperse. Luckily for us all, this disease currently appears to have an overwhelmingly high survival rate. So, ya know, maybe chill out? Maybe draconian lockdowns are a net negative? I know there are nerds here into minmaxing so this shouldn't be a foreign concept.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lovely items on those shelves, but I'm cringing a little and have to ask; low ceiling or heavy items stored above head height?

not a diss on low ceilings, basements and lofts are things, right?
Let's just say that place is not built exactly to code. Those shelves exist in the only load-bearing spots available. Above that ceiling lies madness, like if H.R. Giger did plumbing and wiring. And below that lies a futon that turns into a game table.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongNPretty
Woooo people who can't just be decent human beings without being given all the details make me angry.
You are angry because your attitude ("everyone else needs to accommodate me and my opinion about how things should be") is the exact opposite of that recommended by every great spiritual teacher, from Jesus to Buddha to Plato. Until you change it, you will continue to be miserable.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"everyone else needs to accommodate me and my opinion about how things should be"
Funny enough this is the thinking of the founder of the only ancient religion out there still trying to force ideas through violence and fear. Such as beheading folks for drawing cartoons.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny enough this is the thinking of the founder of the only ancient religion out there still trying to force ideas through violence and fear. Such as beheading folks for drawing cartoons.
Generally speaking, the problem is not the spiritual teachers who found religions but the organizations that promulgate them, which are gradually dominated by sociopaths. Just compare the Gospel of Jesus with the Jesuit oath:

Quote:
I furthermore promise and declare that I will, when opportunity present, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do, to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition; and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics, rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the walls, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly, I will secretly use the poisoned cup, the strangulating cord, the steel of the poniard or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity, or authority of the person or persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agent of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Faith, of the Society of Jesus.
You might detect some small differences! By the way, if you think I am joking, you might consider reading Rulers of Evil by F. Tupper Saussy. Then draw your own conclusions. I certainly don't agree with everything he has written.

I don't know about Mohammed particularly as I am not an expert on the Quran, but it would not surprise me if something similar has happened.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Generally speaking, the problem is not the spiritual teachers who found religions but the organizations that promulgate them, which are gradually dominated by sociopaths.
Well I'm referring to Islam, the world most violent cult that gets a pass for some reason. Literally they are beheading people and we're all pretending like it's not a big deal. The reason their religion is an issue is because of their founder, a violent warlord.
Closed Thread