Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea exclusive lockouts were pretty much a time attack. You wanted to clear your lock ASAP by killing your target. It worked as it was competitive and yet kept guilds more spaced for less petititons. However exclusive locks had some issues that led to Sirken getting rid of it rather than reworking it.
The problem with FTE lockouts is that every guild was dependent on a small number of people on adderall staring at their screen for hundreds of hours per week.

Another idea that occurs to me would just be to have representatives hang out and roll, but rather than an even roll your guild would get some sort of bonus based on their last kill times. So let's say for example Tunare spawns, and clear times were Riot: 3 hours, F/AG 4 hours, Aegis 5 hours, then the roll might be 0-50 riot, 51-80 F/AG, 81-100 Aegis. I'm sure there would be a million hours of lawyerquesting going into exactly how that roll would work! But it would keep the rotation from blowing up as the smaller guilds would be slower and thus get fewer chances, and it would also maintain an element of competition.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

As long as it's not all day or something ridiculous where little guilds can hold a lock that they have no chance of killing. 3 hours is even a pretty long stall.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Most of my last suggestion is liked by Riot it seems like, but the only real stick in the mud is the AG / F alliance. If the two want separate slots, if they cease to be allied anymore, it seems like that would bring this all to it's conclusion, in a single day.

If we increased the lockout to 45 minutes, added a stipulation that no pre-clearing to Vulak can be done and we start from a standard starting point, and left the rest of my proposed idea as it stood in the last message is that something all 3 of those guilds could agree to?

I want to hear suggestions from the AG / F people on that concern that Riot raised. Like I said, the issue I got most from fellow Riot members was if Freedom and AG want separate slots, they have to be separate entirely.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:38 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of my last suggestion is liked by Riot it seems like, but the only real stick in the mud is the AG / F alliance. If the two want separate slots, if they cease to be allied anymore, it seems like that would bring this all to it's conclusion, in a single day.

If we increased the lockout to 45 minutes, added a stipulation that no pre-clearing to Vulak can be done and we start from a standard starting point, and left the rest of my proposed idea as it stood in the last message is that something all 3 of those guilds could agree to?

I want to hear suggestions from the AG / F people on that concern that Riot raised. Like I said, the issue I got most from fellow Riot members was if Freedom and AG want separate slots, they have to be separate entirely.
Could you make it more obvious that you're trying to cater to a zerg?
Old 10-21-2020, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with FTE lockouts is that every guild was dependent on a small number of people on adderall staring at their screen for hundreds of hours per week.

Another idea that occurs to me would just be to have representatives hang out and roll, but rather than an even roll your guild would get some sort of bonus based on their last kill times. So let's say for example Tunare spawns, and clear times were Riot: 3 hours, F/AG 4 hours, Aegis 5 hours, then the roll might be 0-50 riot, 51-80 F/AG, 81-100 Aegis. I'm sure there would be a million hours of lawyerquesting going into exactly how that roll would work! But it would keep the rotation from blowing up as the smaller guilds would be slower and thus get fewer chances, and it would also maintain an element of competition.
That's how it is now with instant pulls though. In fact it takes a bigger team to FTE something and have an RTE team ready so you don't wipe. With exclusive locks it's just X racers which can be any number

But yea if you wanted to end racing, weighted rolls after the boss pops, based on how many people from each entity show up. 50 riot show up they get 1-49, etc etc. Probably would need a minimum though it'd be silly to hold a lock with a small turnout
Old 10-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsmeChanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you make it more obvious that you're trying to cater to a zerg?
Ag can field as many as Riot does during prime time. The only one of those 3 who isn't a zerg is Freedom and they're still not that small by any means. The rules as they are now, and in the past, has been if you regularly team up you are one raid entity for the sake of petitions, concessions, etc. 45 minutes should be plenty of time for Freedom, AG, or Riot to clear through to a mob after they get the initial FTE lock imo. Freedom brags about having the most playmakers and best leadership, prove it. Stand on their own, take their own slot.

If you have an actually constructive comment on how to amend that proposal that a lot of Riot seems on board with if AG / F become separate entities entirely again, please do say something. If you don't have anything to say though, please let the adults work it out.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

The Race FTE lockouts can probably vary for certain content but couldn't be nowhere near 1:5-2hrs. 45min- 1hr I imagine. Otherwise the big guilds lose their competitive advantage and will split.

For inner ToV the meta favors big numbers. It's just the way it is.

You can accomplish the targets on low numbers - sure .

Can you do crazy train aways or do a 6 guard Vulak kite with 40 people? Probably not
Old 10-21-2020, 02:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ag can field as many as Riot does during prime time. The only one of those 3 who isn't a zerg is Freedom and they're still not that small by any means. The rules as they are now, and in the past, has been if you regularly team up you are one raid entity for the sake of petitions, concessions, etc. 45 minutes should be plenty of time for Freedom, AG, or Riot to clear through to a mob after they get the initial FTE lock imo. Freedom brags about having the most playmakers and best leadership, prove it. Stand on their own, take their own slot.

If you have an actually constructive comment on how to amend that proposal that a lot of Riot seems on board with if AG / F become separate entities entirely again, please do say something. If you don't have anything to say though, please let the adults work it out.
I've been posting ideas all along, just read. None of my ideas favors "my guild" like yours clearly does. The difference is I'm trying to actually come up with a solution, as opposed to trying to get an edge over my competition.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsmeChanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been posting ideas all along, just read. None of my ideas favors "my guild" like yours clearly does. The difference is I'm trying to actually come up with a solution, as opposed to trying to get an edge over my competition.
The literal only thing different about what you've said and what I've said is about how the races would be done. a 45 minute timer to engage after some trivial clearing and he separation of AG / F is literally the only difference. If all the guilds are actually clearing, it should be a rapid engage regardless. My suggestion just puts an end to leapfrogging right at the end, where yours just gives X amount of time racing from the zone in on foot.

The difference between what I've said and what you've said is relying on 1-2 people to do all the legwork for yellow text, where mine says the entire guild should contribute. Larger numbers would have the advantage, but wouldn't necessarily be insurmountable. Even our time difference isnt that much. You literally only dislike it because it would make AG / F stand on their own it feels like, which is why we are in this predicament.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:05 PM
Large Bat

you've clearly read one of my ideas, but that's besides the point. The entire reason that freedom and AG teamed was so that they could be competitive with the Riot Zerg. For what a year now, the only option that players that wanted pixels had was to join the zerg. The Freedom / AG alliance has been chiseling away at that requirement, to allow more options for players.

Your suggestion is just merely relying on the numbers of the players that riot has been hoarding for a year because there was no other option. With an FTE race, there is skill involved and it shifts the focus away from just a pure numbers vantage to instead a who can better prepare to win prospect.

Again, this was just one of my suggestions... I had a list of ideas, including things like:

- a player run council to prejudge petitions for the GM staff (with GM oversight or a GM thumbs up or down to prevent corruption)
- extremely painful penalties for both rule violators and failed petitioners (1 week total raid bans, etc).
Closed Thread