View Poll Results: Does he
Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 06:43 PM
Banned

Yes, they have a platform listed on their website. I do actually know that already. It is incredibly generic and has been proposed for the last 50 years. In the debates, biden was incredibly vague and again, extremely generic. This does not instill confidence.

"We will do all the good things, it will be glorious, the other guys will do all the bad things". Unfortunately the raw numbers of trump's first four years are good. Black unemployment being at an all-time low, you'd think, would be something that even democrats could celebrate. But nahhh, gotta find a reason why it's bad and keep everything partisan as hell to win some retarded dick measuring contest.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:46 PM
Banned

Transitioning away from fossil fuels will cause people in 3rd world countries to die. While a lofty goal, it is not something that can be realistically achieved in even 8 full years without immiserating huge parts of the world that the democrats pretend to care about. The green new deal, and any variant of it, is the bougiest, most out of touch with reality proposal possible. It reads like something a 6th grader would come up with in "lets practice politics stuff" class or something.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

This dimension is definitely hell.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Transitioning away from fossil fuels ... is not something that can be realistically achieved in even 8 full years...
The green new deal... reads like something a 6th grader would come up with in "lets practice politics stuff" class.
Agreed, transitioning away from fossil fuels is still decades out from being achievable in the USA. The rest of the world is even further behind the USA. OIL is the O in God. In god we trust. in oil we trust.
It wont happen in biden's life time. Fun fact for the oil haters, oil is funding much of the alternative energy so they can rule that empire too.

The green new deal, is trash. But I encourage and support the use of alternative energies. I was for wind and solar energy and still am. Solar energy has especially taken off in the private industry and can actually be an ROI if you have enough panels setup. For example, around here some smaller farms have changed their fiends into solar fields. It's just more economically sound than the ever increasing demand and pressure on farming.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Transitioning away from fossil fuels will cause people in 3rd world countries to die. While a lofty goal, it is not something that can be realistically achieved in even 8 full years without immiserating huge parts of the world that the democrats pretend to care about.
NL
Old 10-25-2020, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Actually the lack of infrastructure in the third world is a benefit for green energy: it can be generated at the point of use instead of requiring expensive maintenance on a national grid linking power stations to distant villages.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually the lack of infrastructure in the third world is a benefit for green energy: it can be generated at the point of use instead of requiring expensive maintenance on a national grid linking power stations to distant villages.
https://www.thesolarnerd.com/blog/ho...nnect-to-grid/
Solar for example doesn't require 'national' grid changes.
Infact if you produce enough the electric company pays you to supply power to that area. It's more complicated than I said it but that's the jist.

You're correct about third world villages, getting massive gains from alternative energies.
lol Solar energy for Africa by 2030
Last edited by Baler; 10-25-2020 at 07:39 PM..
Old 10-25-2020, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, that sounds wonderful. What are the realities of actually making that happen? What sorts of resources have to be mined? What sorts of materials are required to manufacture solar panels? How much carbon is expelled by their manufacture? Making new forms of energy requires expenditure of currently available forms of energy; IE: fossil fuels. I agree, if you could magically teleport solar panels into rural african villages with the wave of a wand or stroke of a pen, it would be great.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

you ever been to the third world?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

those panels wouldnt last a week before getting stolen or scrapped. i've seen a pull-string landslide early warning system get scrapped for parts

the priorities are just different
Old 10-25-2020, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those panels wouldnt last a week before getting stolen or scrapped. i've seen a pull-string landslide early warning system get scrapped for parts

the priorities are just different
Relevant video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ZSR0pfg5Y
Closed Thread