Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

looking forward to PoP here pretty soon in 2021 or by the end of this year.

When you had first talked about TAKP I thought PoP was already a thing. I was unaware they were progressing through content like this. Interesting.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-26-2020, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff killed that server for me. At one point they were crashing zones intentionally and then laughing about it on IRC. I've played on p99 for 10 years off and on and never experienced that level of intentional griefing.
Been on TAKP for 3 years now. Never had this experience or heard of such s thing from anyone else.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you had first talked about TAKP I thought PoP was already a thing. I was unaware they were progressing through content like this. Interesting.
We've been in Luclin for a bit. Long enough for everyone in our guild to get just about all the Ancient spells they need. I imagine that we would still clear Emperor in PoP and Vex Thal, but probably not much else from Luclin.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Most mains from the top two guilds have most of what they want by now. There's some holdouts. Emp robes for instance, IIRC there's only five (six maybe?) on the server. Bard cloak from Shei. Bad luck on some AHR drops means some people in popular classes might not have their mask or something yet.

Shouldn't give the wrong impression on PoP timeline though. There is no chance of it this year. Summer 2021 is a good guess. They're still testing t3 zones right now, then all the elemental zones, then Time. It's going to be a bit yet.

Takp is a fun server but the three box limit is always going to drive some people away. I dislike boxing myself. I bring two to raids but one is a bard that is only there to make sure I have Lceas. I much prefer to only play one character at a time. Some people are like that. Some prefer the challenge of playing three effectively. One worry that never came true was that trios would dominate content. It just never happened. Things like Lodizal are almost always around if you want it, and if you get unlucky and someone else did him or someone like him recently, he'll probably be there next time.

It's funny, when your goal is not to deprive other people of pixels, there just isn't very much drama.

However, I am VERY tired of Vex Thal. Luclin was a great expansion for character development (aas), but the raids (besides Emp and one or two others) are complete dogshit, and VT is the worst zone SOE ever made.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Between the raid ban of the 3 biggest guild and Kunark opening soon on green can we talk how dead the blue server is? Just delete it already.
geez, now their all over the content that the rest of us poor schmucks play...thanks a lot.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Mistletoe has the right of it. At this point Vex Thal is very similar to a series of AoW fights. Just corner things and kill them. Back in the day we would spend days of theory crafting and watching pathing and dying to trap mobs, trying to figure out Coth mage placements. The hardest thing in VT is not screwing up a "Hot CoTH". We are too well established at this point for VT to be a challenge.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Its good to see that when I return that not a damn thing has changed. God bless yall<3
Old 10-28-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

Red face

I've seen sheep with more fight in them than this! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

🐑🐑⚔🐑⚔🐑⚔🐑🐑
Old 10-28-2020, 05:56 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Freedom supports this. Let's grow the fuck up people.
ironic
Old 10-29-2020, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen sheep with more fight in them than this! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

🐑🐑⚔🐑⚔🐑⚔🐑🐑
Closed Thread