Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what that point is meant to mean. Obviously, I don't enforce the rules. This forum is 99.99% a dialogue between players who don't enforce the rules. Not sure how this point is relevant or new information.
You were saying "I don't care about X". I responded with "well maybe if you had to consider what the devs have to consider, you would care about X". Clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're starting to sound a bit like a server spokesman, Loramin.
There is a lot of ignorance in this forum. I've been here for about half a decade, and you have too, so we're both well aware of this.

I hate ignorance. I'm a university instructor for my day job: literally I get paid to fight ignorance. It's also why I'm "Mr. Wiki": the wiki is a tool to fight ignorance.

If giving basic information to people in the forums ... which answers the question they were asking ... makes me "sound a bit like a server spokesman" ... I really don't give a rat's ass. It in no way prevents a dialog between the players and the staff about any issue, and if the staff has a problem with anything I do I have confidence they'll say something. In the mean time I'll keep trying to dispel ignorance on the forum, on the wiki, and in game.

But as an aside ... c'mon man. You've been here how long, and you really don't see a difference between cheating with a programmable keyboard and using a log reader? One let's you do something other players can't do, the other doesn't (even without Gina you can make timers for your buffs on your phone or whatever). It seems like you're trying to be dense.

I mean Fanmaden has only been here since last year, and he gets it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to recall during era it was the same sort of rules. Stuff that interacts with the client and performs an action for you as in it "clicks" a button in some more automated way than a player manually triggering it in-game, were banned. Things that only read the log file were not, like a dps parser or our little GINA problem. So its pretty standard EQ to approach it this way.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Large Bat

the link isent working for me.. geting 404 site cant get founded
Old 10-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the link isent working for me.. geting 404 site cant get founded
Maybe you're using the wrong link? You want the one on the front page: https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files50d.zip (which I just tried, and it worked for me).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you're using the wrong link? You want the one on the front page: https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files50d.zip (which I just tried, and it worked for me).
Thanx that one worked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread