Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

enjoy the DKP trophy
Old 05-01-2020, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And some of the time it is both!

Yea I think we will see Sol Ro and/or Hate this afternoon or evening. It would be nice to have a natural open of Hate so that the first hate can be one of those server-wide raids. I mean, it's going to be a crowded lag fest, but I can't wait!
First Hate clear is server wide either way.

Also it's going to be a nightmare that you will want to avoid if you wish to retain your sanity. If you aren't 47 don't go. You'll regret it.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:28 PM
Kobold

There is also the chance they didn't manage to finish sol ro or hate to their satisfaction and have simply postponed releasing them, hence removing dates from wiki.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First Hate clear is server wide either way.

Also it's going to be a nightmare that you will want to avoid if you wish to retain your sanity. If you aren't 47 don't go. You'll regret it.
I think the UN decided the first natural hate is serverwide and if it comes along with a server reset repop, or an earthquake, that is becomes contested just for sanity sake as suddenly every other raid is contested as it's not a natural spawn.

Make sense? Probably not. Not sure how to describe. So hopefully Hate scrolls appear on merchants suddenly at say, 9pm EST, and then Galach can announce the server first Hate raid. If it a quake, or quake like spawn, it suddenly free for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is also the chance they didn't manage to finish sol ro or hate to their satisfaction and have simply postponed releasing them, hence removing dates from wiki.
I think it still good to go from their work on blue. They could release Hate with May or June as there seems to be a blurred line when it comes to the 1999 hate release date. It was sometime between 31.10.1999 and 3.11.1999. The patch evidence we got seems to leave the specific date up for debate.
Last edited by Meiva; 05-01-2020 at 02:43 PM..
Old 05-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not broken. Taunt is only supposed to work on mobs below your level. It never works on mobs equal to or greater than your level.

I was unable to find in-era evidence to support that this should be the case, but that's the way it works here at the moment, for sure.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...orks+blue+cons

I have been able to hold aggro on my warrior most of the time by using good hate proc weapons or by using high-ratio weapons, as well as by abusing Taunt on blue/green mobs.

Secondly, we need to stop calling things "broken" merely because they don't do what you expect. Most of the time, it's not broken; it just sucks.
Taunt is complicated.

For most of a warrior's life, he can only taunt mobs below his level.

Exception 1: Until November 2000, it was not possible to taunt 50+ mobs whatsoever.

Quote:
November 15, 2000

Taunt: Increased effectiveness above level 50. Previously, creatures above level 50 could not be taunted by means of the taunt skill. Now, most creatures below the character's level can now be successfully taunted. As a note, the chance to taunt a creature above 50th level is smaller than that of a creature below 50th.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes
Exception 2: In Velious, level 60 warriors got a small chance to taunt 60-65 mobs.

Quote:
March 6, 2001

Level 60 players with the taunt skill will now have a chance to
taunt creatures that are level 60 to 65. Previously, players could only taunt creatures below their level.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes
Old 05-01-2020, 02:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

When we gonna get that "Must be level 10 to use auction" feature?
Old 05-01-2020, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

just zoned into Sol Ro bois...time to grab these mage focus items!
Old 05-01-2020, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Well hopefully my war procs more now...thank you for giving us warrior's something after all the nerfs! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

You gotta wonder how anyone stuck with a warrior in vanilla when the designers messed up both warrior aggro mechanics: taunt (snap didn't work vs white and above) and bash (was meant to generate stun aggro similar to spells).

It did make the game a bit more interesting though, having to be so careful to manage aggro!
Old 05-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Aviak

So its sol ro that dropped today
Closed Thread