Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default High end bard belt (BCG or Turtle belt)?

Given the choice between these two belts, since they are about the same price, which would you get for your bard. This would be for situations that resists aren't a factor

http://wiki.project1999.com/Belt_of_the_Great_Turtle

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bone-Clasped_Girdle

Obviously the BCG has better stats overall with more HP & Stamina, but only a little less dex and str. I guess what I am wondering is how much does AoB make up for the lesser stats? Does +10 attack do anything noticeable for a bard in a situation where he is doing melee damage?
Old 05-24-2020, 08:38 AM
Kobold

BCG adds 103hp at lvl 60. It is the better choice and it’s not really all that close, especially if you don’t have an epic.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BCG adds 103hp at lvl 60. It is the better choice and it’s not really all that close, especially if you don’t have an epic.

I do have epic, why would that matter?
Old 05-25-2020, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Presumably because if you don't have your epic, you'd probably have instruments equipped and not weapons therefore making attack power moot.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have epic it could probably be argued either way? Do you have a fungi as well that you use bc that would also make the regen from the AoB void also. Personally I’d probably go with the BCG.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Bcg, bard doesn't care about attack.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Presumably because if you don't have your epic, you'd probably have instruments equipped and not weapons therefore making attack power moot.
Ah good point, I do have epic and sometimes have melee groups where I am running +attack songs and trying to proc epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have epic it could probably be argued either way? Do you have a fungi as well that you use bc that would also make the regen from the AoB void also. Personally I’d probably go with the BCG.
I do have a fungi for the occasions I solo mobs that summon / cannot be charmed, good point about the regen. However, in raid situations I am usually using vindi BP for the resists and HP, so the AoB could be useful there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bcg, bard doesn't care about attack.
Fair point. Essentially the trade off would be +73hp from the BCG, but I lose 2ac, 3 str, 3 dex, and 10 attack. As I write it out, you guys make good points and the HP gain is big enough to outweigh the stats I lose.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:34 AM
Kobold

How expensive is the PoG belt? That could be a solid choice as it has nice HP and 3sv all?
Old 05-28-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
How expensive is the PoG belt? That could be a solid choice as it has nice HP and 3sv all?
Do you mean the PoM one? The price in that is inconsistent. I use the Sentry girdle for +5mr for when I need the resists so I'm looking for something to swap in when resists don't matter
Old 05-28-2020, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

BCG is probably better, due to the extra HP. Only reason I could see to rocking Turtle Belt is if you need extra HP regen, but you do not want to swap your chest for a Fungi. This situation would arise if you need the 15 all res from Vindi BP, for example.

Belt of Inconsistency is well rounded, however. Much better AC, 3 all res, and only 5 less HP if you are maxed out on STA. Also, only raid belts will offer more than 3 all res, so it is the best well rounded resistance belt you can buy.

If you prefer swapping belts to fit each resistance situation, then BCG is still probably better, unless you need the AC.