Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Default I googled my Guild from live..

And was astonished to find that our guild website from 1999 is still up and running. <Noble Lions> off of the Tarew Marr server. One of the tabs listed was "Stories of the Noble Lions" Which basically is a chronicle of the members first month on the server (march 1999-april 1999) There's a couple really old screenshots of the first days of Norrath, I figured i'd share incase anyone wanted to see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://noblelions.tripod.com/stories.htm (the rest of the screenshots are here if interested)

From the guild charter on the main page, it states "We believe that favors done to others will be returned some day." I still remember the day the guild leader, Emils, gifted a 10 year old me a Wurmslayer. My father tried to refuse his offer, as it was too much wealth to be given to a level 20 warrior. I remember Emils telling my dad that spreading the wealth is part of being with the guild. That we help each other. Man... I told everyone I had a Wurmslayer. I told people in real life who didn't even own a computer that I had a Wurmslayer. Felt like a rock star with that big ass thing in my hand.

Combing through this old web site, it brought me back to a lot of great memories. A lot of things were different. There was true wonder. The world was so gigantic, and more than it was expansive, it was dangerous. But it's truly hilarious how some things are exactly the same as they were 20 years ago. Such as the "Friends and Foes" Tab

"Guilds I know and think well of:
Raveging Knights : Despite the name, the people I have met have been very good. Lenah (for example).

Amber Knights : The people I have met have been good.

Guilds I'm not convinced about:
Holy Order of the Appocolypse : No real feeling for them. I have seen them around but never really talked to any of the members.

Syndicate : A very large UO guild, not obvious that the people on EQ are all that good.

Guilds I don't much like:
Tal'Morr : Not liked even though Dave joined it. Both Loric and Melikki have had bad experiences with members of this guild. This guild has not been much in evidence lately.

Dogs of War : Tend to be kill stealers. Not all bad but not very nice either. "

Calling whole guilds cheaters since March 1999. Some things never change.

Last thing, if you're a new warrior to the p99 blue server, I have a gigantic sword for you in memory of Emils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] message me
Old 09-19-2020, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Damn is this what you remember looking at back in 99? Like, is nostalgia hitting you like a freight rain?
Old 09-19-2020, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

I knew there were more gators in the oasis on live this just confirms my bias! http://noblelions.tripod.com/young9.htm
Old 09-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn is this what you remember looking at back in 99? Like, is nostalgia hitting you like a freight rain?
It was the first time I’ve even seen it! That nostalgia still hit me like a freight train though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2020, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew there were more gators in the oasis on live this just confirms my bias! http://noblelions.tripod.com/young9.htm
Wow thinking back you’re completely right. I remember a lot of crocs being in the water.

Plz add more croc spawns in oasis!
Old 09-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

I remember like, there being people everywhere, it was like grand central, but Ive missremembered things before! But man do I remember that zone being a hot zone for just, action!
Old 09-19-2020, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Found my old guild:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/drag...how-t1323.html
Old 10-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Banned

My guild is lost to time =(
Old 10-06-2020, 08:17 PM
Banned

There was a number of pathing exploits in Seb that are no longer there as well.

Like....i specifically remember how if you sat along the wall of the NG camp, the mobs would path out toward the bridge going back toward the entrance, and then V-turn back at you, and if you side-stepped they would go back out to the point of the V again and re-calibrate their path to you. I used to use it all the time to solo the camp with my wiz, and stunlock nameds.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

There's a lot of old-timers still playing on my old Tallon Zek server, I was surprised.

This guy https://tallonzektimes.org/bb/index....ers/agrul.256/ - we made a guild called Human Retribution to war against all non-humans and Agrul joined with his level 45 necro it was awesome we were all lowbie humans trying to annoy some elves and Agrul would sweep in and kill everyone. That was 2001 and the guy is still on the server.
Closed Thread