Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 06:53 AM
Orc

Default Time to Re-evaluate the ZEM Changes

On March 25th, 2020 Rogean released a patch that was an overhaul to the Zone Experience Modifiers as many of us know them to be called ZEMs.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=353369

I feel these changes need to be analyzed.

Rogean goes on to say, " These ZEMs have not been looked at for a long time on the project, and having looked at them, there was a lot of disparity between them. We feel that adjusting these will help restore some balance between underutilized and over utilized zones. The majority of zones are receiving a change to their value."

https://wiki.project1999.com/Recomme...s_and_ZEM_List
Not only did allot of zones receive a difference to there values, These were huge changes. As noted on the Wiki there is a list of every zone and what their ZEM was prior to the change and what it was changed to on 3/25/2020. Some stand out zones are Permafrost, Kedge Keep boasting the highest ZEMs in the game with 169 and 163.

I don't know how Under utilized Permafrost was considered to be but for as long as I've been on this server I have know of the bear pits, and the Jailer camp (for the insta-clicky root nets at the time)The fact that the ZEM went from 90 to 169 has not seemed to up the amount of players in the 20's to 50 range at least on blue.

Was Permafrost a first choice of group locations for levels 20-50 no but It was far out of the way and yes under utilized. The only resurgence we are seeing in Permafrost is in the Bear Pits on blue are perma camped and Players making their way there on Green in pre-made groups.

Kedge Keep is one of those zones that everyone knows they have to go to at some point for a piece off Phinny, or help your friend with the druid epic. Before the Zem Was changed from 100 to 163 it was and still is far less utilized than a zone like Unrest or even closer to its level range Lower Guk, Splitpaw and the like. On green or blue I don't see this changing anything.

If you continue down the list and look at the zones that did receive a bonus some of those took hard hits. Crushbone an outside zone from 160 to 125, Estate of Unrest 130 to 113. high keep 150 to 112.5.

Keep scrolling and you see that a lot of the pre 75 ZEM zones are now 100 but get to the bottom of the list, and start to see Lower Guk 80 to 75, SolB 80 to 75 and so on.

I feel that no matter which has higher or lower ZEMs we are all going to flock to the better zones. 20-35 really had the stuffing taken out of them as we go from having places like Mistmoore, Upper Guk, Splitpaw, high keep, Permafrost, Dalnir. To only really seeing people congregate to Cazic Thule, Perma and Splitpaw if they have too. Guk, Mistmoore, High keep and even Splitpaw are pretty much barren now.

This does not change as you move into the 40's and 50's. 50's only have 2 places they you will see them in bulk. The Hole or Permafrost. Anything outside these are pre-made groups, or soloers.

I do want to also stress that ZEMs aren't everything. The game is here for you to enjoy. Its how you enjoy it that decides how much of the world you see in your levels. Be bound by the ZEM or be bound by the adventure. I choose Adventure with friends, but Stick to ZEM otherwise.

Rogean lastly said, "We will be keeping an eye on the results of these changes and may make further adjustments as necessary."

I think we should do that.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

I dont really care about this topic because I always only play 1 charkter per server, but imo the ZEM in dungeons should be changed every month.

Make one month guk and permafrost the best dungeon to exp, another month it will be Mistmoore and Droga, another month it will be The Warrens and The Hole etc.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:23 AM
Banned

why post this here
Old 10-27-2020, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why post this here
I dunno what its like on green server for leveling zones, but on Blue most of the zones he mentioned are not popular anymore. i dunno why MMs ZEM was LOWERED
Old 10-27-2020, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno what its like on green server for leveling zones, but on Blue most of the zones he mentioned are not popular anymore. i dunno why MMs ZEM was LOWERED
Kedge and permafrost are both littered with healers who heal through the walls and are either in the middle of nowhere or completely submerged, the zone that needs reconfiguring is CT the zem for that zone needs to be dialed back a bit then you would see people spreading to other zones.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

This is nilbog's and rogean's server, I imagine if they feel the zem changes reduced the petition demand on the guides. Then they're happy with how it turned out. That's my logic on why they did the change in the first place. People were clumped into fewer zones, by adjusting the zem it spread people out more.

Should focus your energy on Kunark and ZEM for Kunark. Since that's just around the corner for green.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Kerra Isle gets no love.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

On green you hardly see anyone in Kedge or Perma exping. Most people are only there to farm rare items for tunnel quest.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People were clumped into fewer zones
this might work on green, but blue is in shambles.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge
It took my 189 int wizard 5 or 6 hours to get 1-200 swimming
First they nerfed afk corner swimming
Then they nerfed swimming skillups again to where you can make so big a circle or distance to skillup

aint on us man
shit to pull
shit to travel to and from and in
casters like to veg out and reapplication of EB or levi tends to be forgotten on and required classes that can lev and eb

You can make that place a 500% exp mod and the fucking risk/prep is not worth it
Closed Thread