Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Large Rat

Default Blue -- Custom Content Brainstorm

Hey guys -- I thought it'd be cool to brainstorm some ideas for custom content. This might give the devs some ideas (I'm sure they already have their own) as to what direction the player base imagines custom content going.

Please focus on IDEAS and not discouraging others. Here's some of mine:

1) The Kerra
I thought a server-wide quest for various levels to help cure the Kerran disease that's been haunting the race for some time (Cat Scratch Fever?) would be fun. This disease has kept them isolated and could infect players if they travel to the island.

This quest could be week long or so, involve multiple players of multiple levels, and eventually unlock the Kerran race on their island as playable (rename Vah Shir and lock the class model of the race). The Beastlord, class, however, could/may need to remain locked.

2) The Beastlords
A special quest is available for monks or shamans from levels 5-10 in which they can diversify their training. With this quest, their class changes to Beastlord. This is the only way to unlock the class.

3) Freeport Invasion
What if there was some server-wide quest for evil vs. good races that could eventually lead to Freeport becoming evil, or overtaken by trolls, ogres, and dark elves? This could be a capture the flag type event that is over a long period of time, in which certain mobs killed (available based on race/faction) could lead closer and closer to a "victory". If the evil races lose, this could affect "freeport" guards maybe extending beyond freeport, patrolling some of Nektulos forest (forcing the dark elves to stay on the other side of the river) or as far south as Southern Ro.

An evil freeport means travel would be largely shut down from the port for the "good" races, which could maybe lead to further raids or war on what lies on the other side of the sea -- the Dwarves.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

All right hear me out: Blow up the Druid/Wizard rings. Now every raid target involves a foot race to be the FTE.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All right hear me out: Blow up the Druid/Wizard rings. Now every raid target involves a foot race to be the FTE.
That would be awesome! An event where easier travel was limited for a period of time until certain things are fixed by the players. Good stuff!
Old 10-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallendignity13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3) Freeport Invasion
Fun ideas, but I think the Freeport Invasion is the least likely to happen (or if it does, it would only be as a GM event or something). We know very little about custom content, but we do know it will be "classically inspired" (or "classically themed", or however you want to say it).

Changing the basic functioning of one of the most central zones in the game wouldn't be very classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, IF you're into (mostly unclassic) racing, I do think it'd be fun if all the teleportation spells stopped working for half an hour after an earthquake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Although of course that'd be even less classic ... but it'd be fun.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun ideas, but I think the Freeport Invasion is the least likely to happen (or if it does, it would only be as a GM event or something). We know very little about custom content, but we do know it will be "classically inspired" (or "classically themed", or however you want to say it).

Changing the basic functioning of one of the most central zones in the game wouldn't be very classic.
I get that. But I'd like the custom content to be STORY driven and start a narrative for the server that makes it interesting. One-and-done "events" aren't what I imagine the custom content to be. If they're adding new zones, that's fine -- but I also think it'd be cool to modify the current zones and have to change up how we function within the game.

But I also like roleplay and immersion, so maybe I'm just a different audience than the rest of the server. I'm curious what others are expecting beyond just "new items" and a "zone unlock".
Old 10-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, IF you're into (mostly unclassic) racing, I do think it'd be fun if all the teleportation spells stopped working for half an hour after an earthquake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Although of course that'd be even less classic ... but it'd be fun.
Helluva idea.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Large Rat

Here is a list of a few ideas I jotted down, my apologies if you think they suck:

• New class: Arcane Knight / Battle Mage - a new hybrid class of the warrior and wizard classes. Could either be a tank similar to the SK/Paladin or a damage oriented hybrid like the ranger.

• Tavern buffs: This would be a system sort of similar to how entertainers worked with Star Wars Galaxies. Players could go to taverns and receive a specific line of long lasting, low impact buffs from either players or NPCs via a system that encouraged more players to spend time in these locations.

• Vampire / Werewolf system: Sort of similar to what The Elder Scrolls games have been doing for ages, allow players to do something like a quest, etc. to become infected with an ability to become a vampire or werewolf (ideally this would give players both a benefit of some kind along with the expected repercussions, i.e. takes DOT in daylight).

• New Race/Class combinations: Some ideas I had were Barbarian Paladin / Barbarian Cleric (Mith Marr), Dwarf Shadowknight (Rallos Zek), Dwarf Bard, Dark Elf Bard, Erudite Rogue, Iksar Druid / Iksar Ranger / Iksar Rogue (Agnostic ? Veeshan ?).

• Wandering/Relocating Gypsie camps: unsure of how feasible this is with the game client.

• Name tags for crafted objects (i.e. “Made by Soandso” would be displayed on your Banded Gauntlets).

• More trade skill recipes: More cultural armor that was made along the same lines statistically as what is currently in the game would be pretty awesome.

• Project M: not an original idea, but would love to see it again.

• Add robe graphics for wood elves, I believe Shards of Dalaya experimented with this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

• Added new zones: Stuff like ‘The Loping Plains’ etc. make for great areas that could be custom content but I’d imagine making a compatible zone like this would be an epic endeavour.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMorbos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a list of a few ideas I jotted down, my apologies if you think they suck:

• New class: Arcane Knight / Battle Mage - a new hybrid class of the warrior and wizard classes. Could either be a tank similar to the SK/Paladin or a damage oriented hybrid like the ranger.

• Tavern buffs: This would be a system sort of similar to how entertainers worked with Star Wars Galaxies. Players could go to taverns and receive a specific line of long lasting, low impact buffs from either players or NPCs via a system that encouraged more players to spend time in these locations.

• Vampire / Werewolf system: Sort of similar to what The Elder Scrolls games have been doing for ages, allow players to do something like a quest, etc. to become infected with an ability to become a vampire or werewolf (ideally this would give players both a benefit of some kind along with the expected repercussions, i.e. takes DOT in daylight).

• New Race/Class combinations: Some ideas I had were Barbarian Paladin / Barbarian Cleric (Mith Marr), Dwarf Shadowknight (Rallos Zek), Dwarf Bard, Dark Elf Bard, Erudite Rogue, Iksar Druid / Iksar Ranger / Iksar Rogue (Agnostic ? Veeshan ?).

• Wandering/Relocating Gypsie camps: unsure of how feasible this is with the game client.

• Name tags for crafted objects (i.e. “Made by Soandso” would be displayed on your Banded Gauntlets).

• More trade skill recipes: More cultural armor that was made along the same lines statistically as what is currently in the game would be pretty awesome.

• Project M: not an original idea, but would love to see it again.

• Add robe graphics for wood elves, I believe Shards of Dalaya experimented with this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

• Added new zones: Stuff like ‘The Loping Plains’ etc. make for great areas that could be custom content but I’d imagine making a compatible zone like this would be an epic endeavour.
I love the Tavern buffs idea. Anything that makes city dwelling more integral to the game, someone mentioned before more NPCs talking about unknown quest information in familiar places too
Old 10-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Add wizard ports for the first tier PoP zones. The bosses are already in line with timeline in terms of difficulty and loot (minus focus effects). You would probably have to remove or nerf the droppable group gear though because it would mess up the economy.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

First thing they could do is mix up and customize the Luclin Zones and make another continent or two out of them instead of making it be the moon.
Closed Thread