Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kelethin no doubt about it. My server on live (Tunare) used Gfay to trade instead of tunnel. That music man. Gives me chills everytime lol. So sad... haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO4_8A9Uiwg
Yep, the official Elf's Elf server. Confirming it was all about the Elf, and at Kel bank and Gfay spires. Well mostly about the elf, there were some oddballs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Think this video was created by a p99 player ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NBSmT4JwKM
Old 05-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Orc

I started a wood elf, and after falling off Kelethin and getting lost for the umpteenth time, just deleted that character and started somewhere else.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Large Bat

Most starting places for me are difficult as I can't navigate well and I need paths and landmarks I can get familiar with. I find Nektulos forest and Qeynos to be the easiest starting places for me, and coming close after is Field of Bone as I can see where everything is...I'm a bit odd with finding my way around..
Old 05-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetwolf227 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you remember most about eq?
The trains.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Large Bat

I remember watching a friend play and seeing a barbarian shaman I think in full Rubicite change into a Dark Elf. I wanted to be that guy when I bought the game.

My friend got into an AoF group in CT, telling me that's where the chestplate dropped... I couldn't wait.

It took a while for 14 year old self to save up to buy the game + 1 year of subscription since parents wouldn't put it on credit card without a year up front (pretty good deal, as they paid it for the next 10 years without asking again).

I finally get in the game and make my shaman, so excited to be on my path to being like that awesome guy I once saw. Then, I find out at about lvl 10, this beautiful red armor no longer drops and the mask can only be used by bards and rogues.

Re-rolled rogue, farmed cash eternally until I finally got my suit of Rubicite! Sold it a few weeks later after the new wore off... needed better stat gear. Still put 10 years into the game - came for the Rubicite, stayed for everything else.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

My strongest memories involve laughter.

In the earliest days (through early Kunark release) I palled around with a ranger. I'm always a paladin so we were a motley duo. We didn't know we were supposed to be sucky hybrids. He was almost always drunk and I was almost always stoned IRL, and we had an absolute blast on our goofy adventures.

Again, when my wife began to play seriously, we made friends with five other players- another couple and three other guys. That group of us, we leveled and grinded together. Invariably it ended up with us all laughing ourselves to death over the ridiculous chat.

We would stay together through guilds. Guild chat memories are the same for me: how hard did we laugh, how funny was the chat?

I suppose, that's what has been missing for me personally on P99. For whatever reason, I haven't made friends here like I did in live. I've not spent a lot of time laughing over chat.
Last edited by Lagaidh; 05-13-2016 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: misspelled a word
Old 05-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

That slippery fucking floor in Lower Guk is my strongest memory of EverQuest.

That and when my dad was giving me twink gear for a character he was going to help me make later and told me to "give it to the banker"

Spoiler: I gave it to the banker and it all disappeared.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Starting off the game on launch making a dark elf shadowknight like the excited nub that I was, only to delete the character because I couldn't find my way out of Neriak 3rd Gate (no maps on websites up yet).

I also played the game with 4 RL friends and all of us were grubbing for gold, wearing leather and using tarnished weapons, wondering how the hell we could ever get ahold of metal armor. One of these friends found out early on that Erudin had unlimited bat wings on a vendor and that Hallas had unlimited fresh fish on a vendor. The unholy union saw all 5 of us skilling up baking to make fish rolls (long, long before they were nerfed) and we discovered we could make like 100pp in 4 straight hours of combining and selling.

Blacksmithing for banded armor soon followed from the cash flow and we felt like we had beaten the game. I spent like, days cooking and smithing.
Closed Thread