Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I would be rid of them (as not classic), but I can sympathise staff including nonclassic touches that lowers their workload. Lucky for everyone here this idiot Jimjam doesn't get to call the shots!
Old 11-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

Don't understand how this could be a CSR nightmare. Remove linking but keep the log message that states which item was added to the trade window.

Besides that, scamming IS against the rules. Very few people want to risk losing their accounts over easily detectable and logable scamming. If scamming was truly an issue on P99 (it's not), there would be a post outlining each possible scam, what to watch out for, and what to do about it.

For the record I'm not for or against item links, I prefer the QoL stuff but I'd still play if they were removed. But yeah the pick-and-choose mentality 'round here is reminding me of every argument I've ever had with a Christian about the Bible. Always entertaining to see people's true selves!
Old 11-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Was hoping auctions would be all green text on green99 but oh well.

I prefer

Wolf-hide sleves +2 str, get that dps up! Gossamer robe (white robe!), Golden Earstud +3 int!!

To

Wolf-Hide Sleeves - Gossamer Robe - Golden Ears-tud

1. its community first
2. immerses players with creative auctions
3. MACROS AGAIN god I miss macro auctions.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2019, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

You know what? From now on I will make sure I only sell with macros.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people arguing about this, pro or con, are idiots. Item links are completely irrelevant to the classic experience.
Couldn't agree more. I honestly can't tell if this is a troll thread or not lol
Old 11-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Im going to go out on a limb and guess cd288 and Ahris have literally cried irl over pet windows.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im going to go out on a limb and guess cd288 and Ahris have literally cried irl over pet windows.
Nah I don't really care about the pet window. It's really not hard just to create macro buttons that do the same exact thing so I don't see what the issue is. I do think it's somewhat silly not to have a pet health window, but oh well I guess.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care about item links. I do care about the hypocrisy I'm seeing in this thread. So all the times people made the 'shit's classic' argument, I was like, well yep, that's the deal. I knew about item links and always thought it was a hard client limitation. That's cool. However, if it's NOT really that, and there are other ways that wouldn't cause worse problems....it's gonna make me look at shitsclassic warriors a bit differently.

*Edit*
I mean 'worse problems' in a technical sense, as in break something. It being an annoyance to us or staff is not what I meant. Staff certainly has the right to do it anyway, but it seriously weakens the 'shit's classic' argument.
The "classic" "not classic" argument is just bad and should be abandoned. It's not a great defense for anything they are doing/not doing. Just say what your vision is and why you're doing it and be done. I don't have to agree, but at least I won't feel like I'm getting bullshat. It's clear that things are dependent on the whims of the devs, for good reasons sometimes, but don't blow smoke about the classicness.

The core of what everyone likes about "classic" EQ is going to vary and you can't please everyone.
My core is
1. Death means something
2. Travel is not instant and/or has a cost.
3. Not an endless skinner-box Sure, we're all working on levels and items, but it's generally slow rather than constant timed rewards every 10 minutes. You're putting work in.
4. Plenty of interaction with others good or bad. WoW feels like a single-player game.

Any change that doesn't affect this is ok in my book. Making the UI less intuitive and useful seems really grognard to me. Just because we didn't know what good UI or player controls were in 1999 doesn't mean we should go back to it. Removing linking is just silly and doesn't affect aspects 1-4, but makes the game just a tiny % more tedious for no reason. There's overall a just a bunch of tiny QoL control and usability improvements I'd like to see. Like "Can I ctrl+m to meditate please?"

Looking at the book doesn't bother me and kinda makes sense, you're suppose to be "meditating."
Old 11-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah thats why the hypocrisy is a bummer.

P99 staff changes a lot of things and says "eat dirt, its for classic"

But then leaves things like linking in its current state and says "Well whatevs we like it"

It would be nice if there was an actual vision. At the same time I have seen how forum posters here complain about everything and make demands about everything like they are owed something and it is pretty ridiculous.

It would just be nice to know that 100% of all classic changes are trying to get into the game and eventually they all will.

On red they disabled duck to instant stop casting, but left blue in titanium mode where ducks instantly interrupted. This was not a timeline issue, but they decided to leave it unclassic for unclassic reasons.

Those kind of inconsistencies hurts the reputation of staff whether or not it matters

Like others I have no idea how linking not existing would hurt CSR.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like others I have no idea how linking not existing would hurt CSR.
I think the theory is that it opens the door for scams? I guess under the idea that if you don't link the item and instead just list the stats in your /auc and someone just trusts you and doesn't bother to inspect the item in the trade window, then you scammed them? But if you're not double checking the item in the trade window has the stats the seller claimed it did, you're kind of a moron.
Closed Thread