Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Kobold

We chain pulled all the time back in the early days. I had a necro, give a necro SOW and as long as there are mobs he can chain pull them until the group begs for downtime. I remember the primary consideration in pull speed was just always healer mana.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:03 PM
Orc

Felt like people were better players in 99 tbh.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:38 AM
Skeleton

Honestly people have forgotten how secretive eq was and because of that it was a very have, have not game. Lack of any idea about classes outside your own let alone people being terrible at their own class made it hard to find a baseline for anything. I was a well known group maker in kunark in sebilis especially because my groups ran so well. I was one of very few people who was running an open group (non-guildies) on my server doing camps like combined d1-d2 in seb. I remember people constantly telling me “that’s not possible” or suggesting the group wasn’t good enough to do one of the higher level camps but I was in a high end guild and had class knowledge. Things that are fundamental to modern mmo’s were barely things we understood. It also doesn’t help that the game and skill level made things horribly imbalanced. A good rogue was worth some entire groups dps easy depending on skill level or just classes.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:53 AM
Sarnak

Chain pulling in 1999-2000. Yeah, I would have to lie about my mana to not get pulls that couldn’t be healed through.

We had some good trains to zone in Black Burrow a few weeks ago. A whole evening where we lost more xp than we gained. The brewer kept kicking our butts. Good times.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:07 AM
Kobold

Some of us were pretty good back in 99. Many of you are still pretty bad in 2019. For example, I bet many of you think chain pulling means leaving to pull as soon as all mobs in camp are dead.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us were pretty good back in 99. Many of you are still pretty bad in 2019. For example, I bet many of you think chain pulling means leaving to pull as soon as all mobs in camp are dead.
Never let melee turn off their dps. Always have something ready to fight. Once melee start having down time you open up the dangerous situation of wizards becoming a viable group member and no one wants that.

Remember: down time for a melee is prep time for a wizard. Pullers: Don't be a wizard enabler by giving melee downtime.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisrak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, even if you aren't an expert of every zone (which most P99 players are), you can instantly pull up a map of the zone with every detail provided.
I had a ring binder of maps, and a notepad for important locs of zonelines to aim for when I was seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

I didn't have any ink in my printer at one point so I hand wrote out a combines guide from EQ traders to get my brewing from 1-135ish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(no alt-tabbing)
Old 11-19-2019, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Da fook you talking about? This was so not the case EVER EVER. What kinda care bear server were you playing on
Right? This was not my experience at all. But then I played on Tallon and having an exp group close to a zoneline was just asking to get ganked in the middle of a pull. The farther and deeper you were the safer it was.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Aviak

I played at launch and the memories OOooo the memories. I played a solid 2 years with my friend and we never made it higher then 29.

I remember we played druids with my buddy and been terrified of the Kithicor at night because the mobs would wreck us.

We never knew what zone to level in so we just ran in and would start conning things till we found mobs we could kill.

I never went into HK because I saw a Troll guard near the bridge and it spooked me. Also the Karanas was dead to me because walking down that mountain convinced me I could never find my body if I died.

We both thought bind on our druids only worked in cities so we would only bind in FP, Rivervale, Dwarf city, or in Highelf one.

We eventually invited a 3rd buddy in to join us in the game and he quickly out level us who had been playing for a year... We had a talk with him at school how his not playing the game correctly and needs to stop leveling so fast or we can't play with him.

I watched me friend die on his lvl 18 Druid in the river near the Rivervale bank because we didn't know you had to go into 1st person and look up. We died 5 times more times trying to get our gear back and discuss deleting our characters and starting over... A GM had to show up and get out bodies out of the river for us.

Sooo many more funny stories I might have to talk to my buddy and see what else we did.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Because no one knew. Thats what made the game fun.
Closed Thread