Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Banned

Does facebook collect data from phone conversations and videos for advertising?

"I don't believe so -- I mean we do collect data from phone conversations and videos to improve the experience to be exhaustive in that answer..."
Old 04-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is no such thing as morality

it's all an illusion friend

vomit up the fruit of Knowledge and join me
is morality a man made construct or is it how the robots decide if our data should be deleted or added to the cloud when we die? idk.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Banned

Zuckerberg should do a simplicistic easy to read write up, guiding people through the EULA...and then people can't keep razzing him on that unreadability of the contract..

He obviously can't make the actual contract simple to read, that's not how the law works unfortunately. But he could give a readable guide and hold it up as a sign of his good will.

Edit: This is the add I got after watching the Zuckerberg hearing:

2578057336071133521.jpg

But yea tracking isn't an issue.

Quote:
Avaaz is a U.S.-based online site launched in January 2007 that promotes global activism on issues such as climate change, human rights, animal rights, corruption, poverty, and conflict
Last edited by JurisDictum; 04-10-2018 at 07:29 PM..
Old 04-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Banned

if the new cold war goes hot, do we get to put filbus in a camp?
Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Mark zuckerbergstein looks soulless
Old 04-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Banned

The guy is 33, but he still can't shake that boy playing a CEO look. Those people at his side all look like a bunch of duchebags.. he probably beats them when he is upset. I guess the right over his shoulder is normal looking at least...a bit too normal looking -- I'm not buying it.
mark-zuckerberg.jpg

I mean shit man, don't look like your having too much fun or no one will think your taking this seriously.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 04-11-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Project Manager

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Banned

was p funny to watch

@pokesan i'm not going into any camps bro . you underestimate my ability to succ
Old 04-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Will someone explain this whole thing like I’m five?

I deleted my Facebook right around the same time this all went down, but not for privacy concerns — a creepy episode of Black Mirror which hit a little too close to home gave me the heeby jeebies about FaceBook and Instagram, so I pulled the plug.
My layman’s understanding is that people are now figuring it out for the first time that Facebook is one huge data mine. To which my response is: really? You just thought putting all this sensitive information on the net was going to be kept secret? I don’t know.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Banned

Zuckerberg doesn't want to admit that FB doesn't just track your likes or the data you give it, it tries to inflitraite your computer and devices and then runs algorithoms to guess anything it can't track directly...it forms a person profile about who you are and what you do. The understanding is better than some people understand themselves.

People probably wouldn't sign up for this if they understood what is going on completely. So he plays coy -- like "oh really we do that? -- well, a long ten year investigation and discussion is order I guess -- don't ask me I just run the company."

There is also massive potential for abuse...you can't even fucking play everquest without some jackass trying to corruptly profit it...

So it makes you basically a full retard to think ZB and others aren't illegal using this data to spy on their competition or some other nefarious purposes. It's too much power to keep with 1 CEO...

But sometimes I get the sense this is all a myth. The idea that its all just some 33 year old designing software. The impression I get is he might not have as much power over his own company as is pre-supposed. It's like assuming a king has all the power over a country...it's just not always (or even usually) the case.

I expect this has already been fully co-opted by the security state and various private entities ZB has to payoff.

Or maybe everything is fine and he has the power to basically get a complete profile on anyone and never uses it...I wish I was that naive.

You could probably never go on facebook and if you have a teenage daughter or a wife or something on it -- your profiled. It's over. If not yet than soon. At least China admits it's tracking its people and its under the control of those that lead the country.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 04-11-2018 at 03:23 PM..
Closed Thread