Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Default Returning player, looking for ideas on how to get some plat

So I'm naked on my characters ( I'm not looking for handouts ), and I'm looking for ideas on how to get some plat to RE gear myself. I have a 40 bard, 35nec, 21shm. I'm wanting to play the nec and I can handle blues but it's a struggle with so little mana. I'm not really powerful enough to camp HGs or HHK guards. Any ideas on something that's easy and consistent? I don't need to earn like 1K an hour or anything, just need something that will net like 1K over like the course of a day or something. I know a lot of INT gear is cheap.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

If you are into swarming on your bard, sell PL.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are into swarming on your bard, sell PL.
Thanks for the suggestion but im not exactly familiar with how I can PL doing that. Whats the process? I am familiar with swarming though.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Make a Druid and join our ranks. Even at 29 you can net what you are looking for and it's fear free money.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

If your necro is a dark elf, you can do the Reaper of the Dead quest a couple of times and make 1k, or if your bard has a DE mask, he could probably do it with a faction song. Shralok Packs are an easy camp. Shiny Brass Idol is easy, worth 500-750 plat. You can farm the skins required for Leatherfoot Raider Skullcaps, then either farm or buy dragoon dirks and sell each cap for 400 plat. Those are a few low level things that I can think of that don't take a ton of time and give you decent return.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a Druid and join our ranks. Even at 29 you can net what you are looking for and it's fear free money.
That is something to consider but I'm trying not to level a new character right now (only because Ive done that 40 bajillion times in my EQ life, trying to move forward with a higher level character now instead).
Old 04-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your necro is a dark elf, you can do the Reaper of the Dead quest a couple of times and make 1k, or if your bard has a DE mask, he could probably do it with a faction song. Shralok Packs are an easy camp. Shiny Brass Idol is easy, worth 500-750 plat. You can farm the skins required for Leatherfoot Raider Skullcaps, then either farm or buy dragoon dirks and sell each cap for 400 plat. Those are a few low level things that I can think of that don't take a ton of time and give you decent return.
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately necro is Erudite and bard doesn't have the mask. Either way, I'm trying to find ways of making plat without having to camp specific items (for example I'm pretty down at this point just to farm orcs in oaisis for leather armor and shit)
Old 04-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

At lvl 40 you can simply group with the PLee and let them leach exp.

You can sell it a pretty penny since it doesn't require the PLee to do anything at all, they can even be afk. Some people value their time highly.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At lvl 40 you can simply group with the PLee and let them leach exp.

You can sell it a pretty penny since it doesn't require the PLee to do anything at all, they can even be afk. Some people value their time highly.
Oh so this only works for PLing people around my level?
Old 04-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is something to consider but I'm trying not to level a new character right now (only because Ive done that 40 bajillion times in my EQ life, trying to move forward with a higher level character now instead).
Make a friend of a Druid. Ask him if you can port with it. There are a lot of people who literally just keep a Druid on the side for that quick cash.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread