Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Default Best memory with the Virtuoso

Early Azrael, probably version 1.3, we are fighting Nihilum in Plane of Fear and all hell's breaking lose at the portal. Despite the mayhem Tune and I are dotting the fuck out of one another. A set of mobs clobbers me, I am down to 30%. Another round; 1%. Tune won't have his kill taken away from him. Motherfucking rolls up and with a 5 damage uppercut, he gets his kill.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

obligatory thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4acQUmh3Kg
Old 11-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Kobold

when he got banned, leveled a warrior to 60 over the course of a week, and then got banned again
Old 11-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

I remember being part of a fight at Karnor's Castle, perhaps the big hundred-something-people one. Lite was shredding on a rogue or warrior or something. I must have died on Tala or Havona, because I asked what I could do to help. Without missing a beat, Lite told me to log in...Lite. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Moments later, I received temporary login info over Teamspeak.

I logged in, heart pounding, and did my best to bardspeed a group of our guys while dispelling the buffs of the Evil Empire. I don't think I was terribly effective, tbh, because I received a tell from someone else on our team saying "fucking golem wand." I interpreted this as gruff advice and I used up the rest of Lite's golem wands and pumice on the targets he called. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It was an honor to log into The Minstrel. Lite and I barely knew each other at the time (and we still don't, tbh), so I appreciate the blind trust he placed in me by letting me log in - and potentially die on - his beloved main. And I didn't die on Lite, tyvm. Pretty sure I plugged. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sincerely, Tala, smallest of the underdogs
Old 11-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when he got banned, leveled a warrior to 60 over the course of a week, and then got banned again
*Roblox oof*

I wish Erock would post about that time he on Darkside and Lite on Brennard wrecked a full group (including a young Fandango) in Howling Stones. Awesome vid.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
leveled a warrior to 60 over the course of a week

proof we need slow classic xp
Old 11-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
false. normal guys with jobs and/or wives, kids, hobbies, friends, legs don't level 1-60 in a week even with the exp bonus. I remember when red got back to around 250 pop when they implemented the group exp bonus only to PLUMMET back down to 50 when Sirken and Co removed it to foster low level pvp that never happened.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw dawg.

We're all 30+ years old now. They will kill the server before it launches if they have normal xp rate.

The 'low level' pvp kings rolling around wth OP classes just need to deal with the fact they will have to level to max, eventually.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember being part of a fight at Karnor's Castle, perhaps the big hundred-something-people one. Lite was shredding on a rogue or warrior or something. I must have died on Tala or Havona, because I asked what I could do to help. Without missing a beat, Lite told me to log in...Lite. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Moments later, I received temporary login info over Teamspeak.

I logged in, heart pounding, and did my best to bardspeed a group of our guys while dispelling the buffs of the Evil Empire. I don't think I was terribly effective, tbh, because I received a tell from someone else on our team saying "fucking golem wand." I interpreted this as gruff advice and I used up the rest of Lite's golem wands and pumice on the targets he called. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It was an honor to log into The Minstrel. Lite and I barely knew each other at the time (and we still don't, tbh), so I appreciate the blind trust he placed in me by letting me log in - and potentially die on - his beloved main. And I didn't die on Lite, tyvm. Pretty sure I plugged. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sincerely, Tala, smallest of the underdogs
what does this have to do with tune?
Old 11-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
what does this have to do with tune?
Oh! So I got their titles crossed! Woops.

Tune, then? Ok. Best I can remember off the top of my head is when he was farming DN for...I think the fastest bow out of there? And Flayed Paebala Gloves dropped...and he announced, with so much pain in his voice, that they were rotting and he wouldn't be able to loot them on Drybone, and I came as swift as a Freeport jig and looted them on Tala. Tune was happy for me, but also really coveting them hard. XD Poor guy. But he did the noble thing by at least letting someone else know. He was usually pretty selfless.

But I suppose this is well after his Virtuoso years. By then, he had become a purple-diaper-wearing Ogre monstrosity. I wanna hear from all you old fogies.
Last edited by Videri; 11-09-2019 at 07:11 PM..
Closed Thread