Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 06:07 AM
Banned

Default How many of you...

...can be honest enough to admit regret in wasting your lives with EQ?

I had strict parents so I was only allowed 2 hrs of games a day, so I missed the whole 'burn your youth' on EQ that seems to have afflicted a large protion of p99 people.

By the time I was 18 I was working fulltime all the way till two 2 months before my 29th birthday, when I started contract work vrs salary as I had paid off my first property and thus had more free time for eq/ specifically red99, spent years studying and working contracts and eventually graduated and now am entrenched in my Civil Engineer career, however I regret playing games as much as I did even though by society standards I am in the top elks of 'wealth/career/etc.'...

I always wondered at some point do the guys that have basically blown their teens, twenties and early thirties on EQ feel regret? Or just dont know any better? Or don't care?

Discuss.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:07 AM
Aviak

Arent you balding with a stranger off craigslist living in your garage? Is that really what it tales to make it to the "top elks of wealth/career"?
Old 11-13-2019, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

My only regret is not wasting more time on eq.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Its a hobby, like anything else. I was already a adult when EQ came out, so I did not have parents telling me what I could or could not do. The only thing of true value you have in this world is time. If you are in a position or place in life to dedicated a lot of that time to a hobby you enjoy, you are better off than someone stuck on some mousewheel (job or whatever) you wish you were off.

i.e. if you have regrets, then that is regretful.

Do you regret playing 10 percent of your time as a teenager and regret working full time during your entire 20's?
Old 11-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

not me, someday i'll tell my kids i'll never have about how I raided NTOV for 14 hours and killed the mighty dragon.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

I’m disabled and over 300 lbs. This is the only way I get to interact with people other then the delivery driver after my welfare check comes in. I think it has been good for my mental health.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Had it not been EQ, I’d have been wasting my time with something equally pointless :P

It’s been super fun doing elf rp in a magical social world full of other nerdy ppl. And rn I’m in the best health of my life and feel relatively happy and contented so it’s all kinda whatever.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Banned

The type of people that will waste their lives will do it with something else if eq was not available, less then 10% of our citizens apply themselves in life earning wealth and aquiring things

the rest are mad they dont have the things the 10% have
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 PM
Banned

well it's a very self-selecting community so if you want to meet a bunch of obnoxious introverts like yourself there is no better place
Old 11-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

EQ is THE people by the people. More so on A PVP server. As Patton once said at least you won't tell your great grand baby during the war you shoveled shit in Louisiana.

You battled Xantille and Rexx. Knuckle, Smedy, Gongshow and all the box Legends. You spent days with Karsten listening to all the greatest country tunes that ever were.

So many of those you made an impact on and so many that made fun of you. RL

Games like sports, like TV, etc. are to keep us clueless and distracted. At least this game was created by a man who accepted Christ as his savior.

Tell the truth. Help someone. Be kind. Be generous. Salvation is free. Like P99. Enjoy it.

Whatever you do I promise you... you reap what you sow. And I don't mean a SOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread