Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Kobold

You've done a really good job of posting out of era stuff that doesn't even support your assertion
Old 11-20-2019, 10:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've done a really good job of posting out of era stuff that doesn't even support your assertion
Its a mechanic that existed throughout. Its meant to show that it has never changed. and 1999 2001 posts are in era. No patch notes say removed how agility effects movement.

It doesn't have to be exact on this date it was like this, because this is hard information to find. You have done a real good job at being a troll about it. If you use common sense instead of saying well this wasn't at this time, so this means for certain it was changed.... in 2002 it changed no question. Evidence, common sense, patch notes.

Read the posts. Read the dates .. when i post out of dates i say in there its only to show its not changed. Do i need to show entire patch notes to prove that it hasn't changed to be qualifying argument for you?

Last i checked it was called P1999 which there is evidence of this in there of the time of 1999.

I ask for common sense. Dear lord just common sense. Not just nope date wrong cant be no way that never happened.. its all out of era so that is 100% proof it did not work like this..

And really this post isn't meant for you. Bring evidence showing its wrong please and thank you. Patch note anything show how this is not how it worked. That AGI has no effect on movement speed. I will gladly admit defeat...

So again let me explain so you understand.. The out of era posts are meant as i stated before to only show this is a mechanic that has existed throughout... there is still evident proof in other posts that show for IN ERA as well. I showed for both before and after era ONLY to bring more evidence to the existing point i am trying to make about AGI's effect on movement speed. How encumbrance declines AGI which in turn declines movement speed... NOT encumbrance it self declining movement speed. The two go hand n hand so a lot will believe it in the reverse. So finding evidence to prove it is the opposite is quite hard to do, but i have done it.

No they don't have to change it either way i will be fine with it.. My point is solely for purposes of it being the same as it was back then. If it is placed back in the way it was, that does change a few things. It makes AGI a more important stat, which it was. It makes spells like cripple on a warrior or any other player for that matter much much more dangerous .. in which it was.

The NPC effect factor, which i was mostly trying to prove, i cannot prove.. I found almost nothing accept other people stating it worked the way i remember it. This i know is not evident enough.

Thanks and have a nice day. Since you assuming i must be wrong automatically because its out of era.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Got more posts 2001

Still in velious era all making similar comments about AGI being the factor

RE: Dex does not effect interruptions sorry (NT)
#Jan 18 2001 at 11:29 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Actually it's AGI that helps you avoid and dodge being hit. AGI also affects movement and speed of movement < that I've noticed > ... when encumbered you lose AGI and at a point start to walk then if AGI goes to 1 -- you can't move. Also when low on HPs or STA you lose AGI too and begin to walk... not a good feeling when low on HPs. 8(
DEX more a damage dealing stat -- may effect chance to hit < archery for one > Proc's < criticals and backstabs too >
▲ Page top
last anon was smart
#Feb 27 2001 at 6:42 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
/agree with the last thread. AGI is speed and dodging ability....defense. DEX is for offensive abilities like chance to hit and the speed your melee abilities level. even with this, the gloves are very much worth getting since they have the highest wis of any gloves i've ever seen...also, the str and dex isn't too shabby either
▲ Page top
The truth about stats
#Mar 29 2001 at 3:49 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Dex - affects how fast you learn offensive skills, increases proc rate from weapons slightly

Agi - affects how fast you learn defensive skills, raises ac slightly

That's all they do... period. The shaman community already knew this before Verant came out and said it on their message boards.

If your Agi drops below 75, you start to slow down. Your Agi drops when you get very low on health, so a VERY high Agi will give you another hit or two before you are walking. Somewhat useful.

Agi does not effect your ability to dodge, parry, etc. It will increase the rate of skill increases, but your chance of dodging is based slowly on your skill level in Dodge.

Dex DOES NOT effect your chance to hit.

These gloves are GREAT, but for the AC and Wisdom alone. The other stats are just fluff.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

a few more posts believe in velious era

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6303

E: a little about AGI (dealt with in Oasis of Marr)
#Aug 11 2001 at 6:25 PMRating: Default
serotonin
10 posts
Ahh, the blazing sun...so hot..beating down on me relentlessly...but I don't worry. I've got food and water and I'm walking at a fair speed. A good lvl later, I've got enough garbage on me to slow down Rallos Zek himself. (and yea, that WAS a joke) I cash it all in to the local vendors and promptly loot some more. unfortunately, while trying to lvl, I bit off more than I could chew, and a Gator chewed on me...
I was fortunate enough to have someone witness my untimly circus act gone bad, and they rezzed me. now, aside from rez side effects and my blue bar being nonexist, I seemed alright. I sat and meditated and thought happy thoughts on the dock. the cool ocean breeze felt good. I stood up and saw a few abandon corpses laying around and I looted them for cash upon asking who they belonged to, with no reply.
I noticed that my AGI was still very much in the red, and the rez effect had already expired...my health and vigor were immaculate, yet my land speed suffererd severly...what was wrong? I had no loot on me to sell off..I had already sold it all........for...money...*sigh* I had traded one weight for another, and was suffering the weight of roughly 600-700 copper, 500 or so silver, 300 or 400 gold and a about 10 plat.....I wearily trudge through the desert to the nearest bank... My Selo's jamming on a Mistmoore Battle drum hardly made up...and the Anthem gave me enough STR to move. I was virtual bait for anything that would have its way with me.
I eventually found a nice chap who offered me a port to the Rivervale bank to cash my woes in for a lighter load, and to make a sale or two. I agreed, and upon loading the cash into the bank (and into his pocket) I walked away with two lambent bracers, lambent gaunts and my AGI at it's best. I strapped on my drum and jammed Selo's which took me home on no time. I felt if I had just spread my arms (not legs) I could fly!...but that makes playing the drum a little more difficult...but...that's how I feel that AGI most certianly affects land speed. argue THAT!
P.S. I really like this wep, and would like one. anyone wanna travel the world with me and pick it up? i'm on Dru Ro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] *wink*

Hi moron. How are you today?
#Aug 10 2001 at 3:05 PMRating: Sub-Default
Queklain
32 posts
Agi does affect running speed.
Ever notice how much your agi is lowered when you try to run with low hp?
Exactly.
Have a nice day.

Agi comment
#Jul 09 2001 at 12:37 PMRating: Default
CountessKrak
21 posts
Rahzzin's comments on how weapon delay works are an incorrect - an old speculation that I
believed had been dispelled with the rummors that dex increased attack speed and agi increased run speed. At any rate the offhand delay matters as much as primary hand delay. - BADDUDE

Well, BADDUDE, the rest of your reasoning is certainly called into question when you consider that your comment on agi and run speed is 100% WRONG. Agi DEFINITELY increases run speed. Why do you think that the +2 Agi rings dropped by Nillipuss are called Rings of Running? DUH! As a level 60 Druid it always amazes me that when I SoW another class they OUTRUN me. The reason I ALWAYS find out is that they have more Agi than me. Before you post perhaps you should spend a few seconds doing research so that yo dont misinform people.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Again i kinda doubt the increase in speed.. but decrease seems to hold true i think i have posted enough. Up to you guys on what to do ..the best way i managed to find all these as through google and looking directly at allakazam because that seems to be the only website i could find that still had post that far back. Anyways thanks for the great game. AGI most def effects movement in some way .. willing to believe AGI has a standard of like 75 then each point below reduces speed by a %up to a number.. the people who may have felt they ran faster may have only had 70 agi then equipped something and saw a 5% increase or something from there low AGI.. that is what would make since to me.

You gotta think if the bard ran on a 70 AGI with drums on.. then got the 5 agi boost x selos x drums.. he is gonna see a huge difference if and only if it worked in this manner. speculating

One more, maybe you could get a tiny bit faster with enough AGI.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3553&p=3

RE: how hard to solo?
#Jan 07 2001 at 8:24 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
They are quite dangerous to melee.

They don't cast magic, but they carry items that proc at times. The first is a the Gnoll Hid Lariat. It has a minor Lifetap proc. The second is the Dagger of Dropping. It procs a minor Weaken spell that can be annoying.

They have an attack delay comperable to a pet (about 30, maybe less) and they double hit for 55+, along with kicking and bashing.

They are not very fast. They can easily be outrun with SOW and, if you are not encumbered at all with decent agility, you might be able to outrun one without SOW.
Last edited by Intensifier; 11-20-2019 at 01:02 PM..
Old 04-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

I agree i played with this on live, the agi does stop you from losing speed until it drops below 75, so yeah, you can be encumbered and move normal or low hit points and move normal until your agi goes under 75 - anecdotal evidence, but it is how it worked