Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Default Bind Wound

If I use Bind Wound on myself and then someone else tries to bind my wounds while my bind wound is in progess mine is interupted. I lose my bandage and do not get healed. You could easily grief a player this way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can wait for someone else to bind my wounds and then bind my own wounds just fine as long as the other person does not start a second bind wound before mine has finished.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Skeleton

Having this problem also. We bother to find where to buy these bandages, then get the wallet out to buy them, get them out in the field, and they are wasted the instant another helpful player starts to bandage the tank.

The problem I am having is pretty much the same, I have hit the bandage command, and if anyone else bandages me while I am in my process of bandaging, mine says "You have moved and your attempt at bandaging has failed". Note that I have not moved, or touched any command to move my character at all.

Please fix this. Or another suggestion would be to make bandaging on one person only possible in a linear fashion, i.e.= one at a time.
Last edited by Mooshoo Pork; 09-24-2010 at 02:38 AM..
Old 10-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Bump -- I've also noticed my BW skill is not raising above 100 (now level 27), it's been capped at 100 for a few levels now and hundreds of uses. A member of my group last night was seeing skill raises (up to 117 I believe), but his skills screen was still showing 100.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Confirmed the above with the dual bandaging causing failures. Don't have 100 skill yet so can't confirm the second bug.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

RE: Binding above 100

It may not be a bug - bind wound could be capped at 100 depending on your class. I believe you can still see skillups above the cap, perhaps due to some client issue that the server can't control.

Either way, your skill is reflected by the red 100 in the skills display window.
Last edited by Extunarian; 06-09-2011 at 09:32 AM..
Old 10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

I have a question - What does the other party see when they start to bind you after you have started binding yourself, causing your bind to fail?

Do they finish normally or do they get a message saying that you moved as well? Do they lose their bandage?

EDIT:
Was it classic to lose a bandage when you or your target moved during a bind wound? If not, one part of this issue could be solved by moving

zone/client.cpp in current HEAD line 2482:
Quote:
DeleteItemInInventory(bslot, 1, true);
to some location in the code block of the IF condition on line 2531, which checks to see if the bind completed without interruption:
Quote:
if (!GetFeigned() && (bindmob->DistNoRoot(*this) <= 400))
It appears the command to consume a bandage was once there but was moved to the start. I don't really see why, though i guess it could maybe cause an issue if someone quickly destroyed their bandages between starting the bind and the bind completing? Even then you could just re-check for bandages and move to the failure block if they weren't present.

Obviously the larger issue is why the client thinks it moved when someone else starts to bind. Looking at the code, the only thing I can see that would trigger such an event would be a stand or a sit, which, if the person was already binding themselves, would cause the following code to execute:

Quote:
else if (bindwound_timer.Enabled()) {
// You moved
outapp = new EQApplicationPacket(OP_Bind_Wound, sizeof(BindWound_Struct));
BindWound_Struct* bind_out = (BindWound_Struct*) outapp->pBuffer;
bindwound_timer.Disable();
bindwound_target = 0;
bind_out->type = 7;
QueuePacket(outapp);
bind_out->type = 3;
QueuePacket(outapp);
}
I'm new at this, but what the OP is describing seems to be exactly what would happen if this code executed while someone was self-binding. Hope this helps...
Last edited by Extunarian; 10-28-2010 at 05:22 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Developer

Our bind would function is a bit different that the main EMU projects. I will look to see what can be done with dual bind wounds. Or 3 or 4 for that matter.

Haynar
Old 10-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Aviak

Are monks some exception? 200 skill showing.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

I may become unpopular for saying this, but to my knowledge** monk is bugged atm giving them kunark or later level bind wounds which allow them to bind to 70% currently.

**I could be wrong.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Aviak

Confirm girth^

To my knowledge, monks can BW to 70 and that was a kunark feature if i recall correctly.