Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-21-2019, 05:23 PM
Large Rat

Default cant see my characters (qualcomm snapdragon) Lenovo Yoga

Just bought a new Lenovo Yoga with built in lte. It has a Qualcomm snapdragon processor so this may be part of the issue.

the game loads (Slow) like before chardok patch, and the my character models do not show for myself or anyone. Im invisible and only see my weapons. Zero lag and everything else seems to be smooth but I just cant see shit.

if anyone can help me fix this issue, that would be awesome. I would like to keep this yoga as it is pretty sweet for all my other business needs and getting 20+ hours of battery is the best part. trying to avoid getting a gaming laptop as eq aint shit and regular laptops don't last long at all.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:51 AM
Aviak

The problem would be that snapdragon processors are ARM based architecture and therefore will have trouble running an x86 architecture game like Everquest.

Now Microsoft has an x86 emulation layer in-bedded within windows 10 but its it not without its hangups. Everquest being such an old game may be experiencing such a problem I would imagine.

The other option for you if you cannot get it to work is to upgrade to the Lenovo 700 series instead of the 600 series I would guess you are using. Those options have Intel I7 processors in them and you would not have these issues.

This is just my opinion and I very well may be incorrect here without having more information.