Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Orc

Default Pally/SK newbie gear question

Hi guys, I have made a newbie SK and Pally to see what i like better and I had questions about some starter gear I would like your guys opinions on. Im not really a min/maxer so I rolled a human pally and a troll SK for grins.

For the Pally is the Crustacean gear bad due to the -cha on them? From my understanding it effects the sooth/lull spells. So would it really matter early/mid game or could you still get away with it due to the other good stats it has? Right now I have a full set of banded on him and wondering if i should just stick with banded or work on getting a set of Crustacean?

For the SK i was given almost a full set of Sentient armor minus the arms. I was wondering if i should just stick with it or would the Crustacean armor would be better seeing SK doesnt need cha im guessing?

Thanks for the help troops.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Having respectable charisma definitely helps with crit lull resists. You can solo the right places and avoid splitting spawns in most cases tho. In high groups you almost always have a dedicated puller anyways.

I would just go with what you like the most. The Pally really gets fun around level 30 with stun and 39 for Ghealing. The SK around 22 with engulfing darkness. That’s a bit of grinding to see them start to come into their element but frankly both classes are a blast (just different).
Old 02-28-2019, 02:29 AM
Banned

Cha impacts Lull spells ONLY WHEN IT GETS RESISTED
Even if you have 255 cha you wont land that lull on a red con

All day most of the time I can lull like a champ on my ogre SK with 1 cha.
Last edited by Jauna; 02-28-2019 at 02:32 AM..
Old 02-28-2019, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Undead calm doesn't use a charisma check.

Snuggles my sk I enjoyed most from 30
Old 03-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Are you set on human? Dwarf cultural armor has hella stats for cheap. And no CHA loss. Not sure how human cultural is. I had a cha set I would swap in sometimes on my pally. It does help a lot. I’d avoid crusty as much as possible.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys, I have made a newbie SK and Pally to see what i like better and I had questions about some starter gear I would like your guys opinions on. Im not really a min/maxer so I rolled a human pally and a troll SK for grins.

For the Pally is the Crustacean gear bad due to the -cha on them? From my understanding it effects the sooth/lull spells. So would it really matter early/mid game or could you still get away with it due to the other good stats it has? Right now I have a full set of banded on him and wondering if i should just stick with banded or work on getting a set of Crustacean?

For the SK i was given almost a full set of Sentient armor minus the arms. I was wondering if i should just stick with it or would the Crustacean armor would be better seeing SK doesnt need cha im guessing?

Thanks for the help troops.
Hard to beat crustaceans stats for its price for the SK.. Other full sets in similar price is the Sentient, which is geared toward int/mana. And Darkforge is another cheap fullset option, it caters more towards Stamina/Hp. Flayedskin is a very cheap option too..
Old 03-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

On a troll you might want to mix and match sentient and crusty depending on your str... But mostly crusty yes...
Old 03-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you set on human? Dwarf cultural armor has hella stats for cheap. And no CHA loss. Not sure how human cultural is. I had a cha set I would swap in sometimes on my pally. It does help a lot. I’d avoid crusty as much as possible.
I really am. I would probably play a dwarf but i just dont feel them so much on this game. Thank you for the advice, I think i will avoid the crusty armor for the pally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard to beat crustaceans stats for its price for the SK.. Other full sets in similar price is the Sentient, which is geared toward int/mana. And Darkforge is another cheap fullset option, it caters more towards Stamina/Hp. Flayedskin is a very cheap option too..
My troll cant wear the Flayedskin but if i used a human SK i would certainly look it into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a troll you might want to mix and match sentient and crusty depending on your str... But mostly crusty yes...
You know I think I will do that for the troll. Like i said I have a full set of sentient armor given to me - the arms so I can piece together a mix match set and go from there.

Thank you guys again for all the advice. One more thing, is dex really a good stat to look into as well for weapons that proc? I know the sta/str will be the primary stat i imagine but was curious on you guys thoughts about looking for pieces that have dex as well.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

DEX has a direct impact on proc per minute (ppm), being approximately 2ppm at 255 DEX, and 1ppm at 126 DEX and everything proportionate in the range, baring a potential penalty for having less than 75 DEX but this is not confirmed.

For a Knight, having reliable procs is much less primordial than for warriors, as your aggro generation revolves around spells (Flash of Light/Disease Cloud), and most of your utility as well (buff, root, snare, etc.). And anyway, most relevent procs for you will not proc before level 30+.

Long story short, for level 1-30 you can completely ignore DEX in my opinion. Somehow keep it at 75+ just in case, but that's about it. After that it's always good to have some, the more the better, but I wouldn't focus on it. Just take the random DEX that will pop on some of your items and it should be fine.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

At higher level you need dex, with epic and shroud of undeath, that account for some fine regen
Closed Thread