Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Orc

Default Shadowknight/Paladin

So since the updated Chardok 2.0 patch and whatnot, are SK/Paladins supposed to have like updated melee skills? I've never played live and am unsure but I feel like I remember reading over forums and such to see people pointing out that DPS from SK/Paladin supposedly getting a bit better from potentially hitting Warrior Offensives? Is this true? And if so for just the two Hybrid Knight classes or someone else as well?
Old 03-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Different patch
Old 03-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Seems like they decided to break this last patch into 2 parts so if those melee changes do in fact get put in it will be in the next patch
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 03-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Orc

ahh gotcha, thanks for the info guys = D
Old 03-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Orc

Also, when this patch does finally hit, can they actually end up doing halfway respectable DPS, I'm aware they are tanks and not DPS focused, but with a killer dmg/delay ratio 2H they might be able to put out decent numbers? Yes I'm aware it wont be in Monk/Rogue/Ranger/Warrior range but much better than they are now?
Old 03-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=52036

There’s the post on it. It’ll definitely be noticeable. Roll your knight now, if at 51 you can’t tolerate their dps wait until the next patch to come back to it.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

The damage bonus increase for my paladin while using Nature’s Defender I’ve calculated (still an estimate) in the ballpark of +28.9% in average content with an expected degree of buffs. High attack buffs stacked (avatar + CotP with 255 str) lowers the % increase as damage bonus becomes a smaller relative proportion of expected damage dealt. High end content with high mob ac will make that damage bonus increases from around 14 to 40 will result in larger relative % gains as the damage bonus is a much larger proportion of damage dealt.

It’ll be a good change. Right now in xp groups with reasonable buffs I can expect around 50dps sustained (bursting some fights with luck in the 70s and gimping others as low as mid thirties.

That’s with the 2h dmg bonus only. To what degree being in the same tables as warriors are ... I don’t know but it should be a nice additional buff.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage bonus increase for my paladin while using Nature’s Defender I’ve calculated (still an estimate) in the ballpark of +28.9% in average content with an expected degree of buffs. High attack buffs stacked (avatar + CotP with 255 str) lowers the % increase as damage bonus becomes a smaller relative proportion of expected damage dealt. High end content with high mob ac will make that damage bonus increases from around 14 to 40 will result in larger relative % gains as the damage bonus is a much larger proportion of damage dealt.

It’ll be a good change. Right now in xp groups with reasonable buffs I can expect around 50dps sustained (bursting some fights with luck in the 70s and gimping others as low as mid thirties.

That’s with the 2h dmg bonus only. To what degree being in the same tables as warriors are ... I don’t know but it should be a nice additional buff.
What 2h bonus increase? Am I missing something?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

The next patch is supposed to add damage bonus to 2hander.

Edit:that and put us on the same table as warrior...
Old 03-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What 2h bonus increase? Am I missing something?
2h dmg bonus currently is either the same as 1h dmg bonus or just slightly over and static regardless of delay. Final patch will give a sliding scale bonus that jumps up progressively for higher delay weapons.

There are “sweet spots” with 30 delay being the best.

To use 46 delay as an example current dmg bonus is 11-14ish currently (not sure exactly). After the next patch 46 delay at level 60 has a damage bonus of 40. That’s 26-29 more damage fixed for every single hit.

For monks, TStaff with a new damage bonus of 29 will generate more raw damage from damage bonus than 16 delay epic fist. Without haste epic per hit can do 11 dmg bonus per 1.6 seconds (6.875 per second). TStaff will do 29 per 3 seconds (9.666 per second).
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread