Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Wyvern tunnels in WW 22 lvl 51-55 mobs on a short timer and bards don’t swarm bc they all summon
Old 03-19-2019, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classically Seb was the first place I did any AE groups. Cleric bard enchanterx2 wizardx2.

Cleric starts around NG pull area, DAs and aggros everything down into D1 pulling the train into frenzy scarab room. Second pull is all of behind disco1 pulled onto the stage of disco2.

Could swap out bard for another enchanter as well.

I had some fun times with AOE groups in Seb as well on my original cleric, with wiz and ench friends. I think we mainly set up at the main junction in front of exit and pull everything from NGE and the different hallways, if I recall correctly. But I think we were doing this after Luclin came out when Seb was relatively empty.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

If this is still a thing and we can get enough people together for a group I'd really like to try some of these ideas out.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 03-19-2019, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classically Seb was the first place I did any AE groups. Cleric bard enchanterx2 wizardx2.

Cleric starts around NG pull area, DAs and aggros everything down into D1 pulling the train into frenzy scarab room. Second pull is all of behind disco1 pulled onto the stage of disco2.

Could swap out bard for another enchanter as well.
Dinged 60 doing exactly this on my wiz back in the day. Bard did the pulls as I recall if we had one, or cleric DA with three ench. Third ench AE stunning really kept shit on lock down and much safer overall.

Velious was out by then but Seb wasn't exactly a ghost town, we just would go down there and take discos as our camp. After Luclin, AE groups of max level moved on to different zones on the moon. I don't remember the popular place for it because Luclin is forgettable, Pald Caverns? Moved back to quadding in Luclin then was all about the quad in PoP as well.
Last edited by Fammaden; 03-19-2019 at 10:16 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 10:36 PM
Aviak

RIP NARADIAN BEST KC AE GROUP
Old 03-19-2019, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

While still possible to a degree... the 25 target limit has defiantly cut down on it due to the need for stuns

Thus your limited to stuff that is Snare kitable by a bard, which has limitations on spots that it can be done also the mobs need to be melee only as well as cannot summon

Although hey on the subject... if any bards need a Wizard partner for DN AE im leveling a wizard atm =p have a 3k mana pool
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

25 mob cap makes AE groups just not worth it imo. Probably harmless to revert the change with new Chardok (and keeping the previous changes to Skyfire Wurms). The only zone in Velious with condensed level ~45-50 NPCs fit for AE is Velketors. And I'm not sure even that would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wyvern tunnels in WW 22 lvl 51-55 mobs on a short timer and bards don’t swarm bc they all summon
Can't imagine this working with even 2x level 60 enchanters. Mobs just too high of a level. The Chardok AE groups generally had 2+ 60 enchanters for mobs that were lower level than 51-55.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

I remember seeing AE groups in Fungus Grove on Luclin back on Live
Old 03-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

On the topic of Luclin: Luclin had Acrylia, Ssra Mines, and The Deep which were seemingly designed exclusively for AE groups. Not sure I've ever seen a group there that wasn't AE'n. Katta was also prime for AE, but only if there werent any GMs on.

The Deep AE was some of the best exp even at 65. Ultimately worse than Bard kiting entire planes or PoFire tables though.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably harmless to revert the change with new Chardok (and keeping the previous changes to Skyfire Wurms).
It wasn't just Chardok that was a problem: Bard's swarmed in multiple other zones. Honestly I suspect that was more of the motivation for the change: while almost everyone agrees the old Chardok was terrible, it very rarely resulted in petitions/staff time being used (it was considered status quo).

In contrast people were constantly petitioning Bards before the limit was added, and I think it's that giant time sink that the staff wants to avoid (and that's the reason why I don't think they will undo the limit even with Chardok 2.0).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread