Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 06:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntsie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fer' a free sample and part of da' patent-pending Juntsie's Racial Sensitivity Awareness Workshop, it gud manners to be kind and sensitive to da different peoplez and avoid werds dat hurt otherz feelings (unless of course it about eating lesser races like halfling, dorf, and gnome -- den just eat dem half-pints).

Dere certain segment of basement-folk who dun' understand basic social etiquette and form ehco-chamber -- sorta like dem' related folk who used ta' sit together and monopolize da big eye in Guk (gud job making Grobb safer) but in a bad way -- wherez it okay to say tings dat would get you bashed in Grobb or any realz city. Dere is no use tryin' to reason wit dese people, but please refer dem to Juntsie, so he can charge them full 3000 plat per hour for Juntsie's 8-hour Racial Sensitivity Awareness Workshop.

Juntsie advise gud folk to observe common social courtesy, but at same time ignore dose who do not until they can reap da' GREAT BENEFIT of Juntsie's 8-hour Racial Sensitivity Awareness Workshop.

Enroll today!
Juntsie for president
Old 05-03-2020, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarodare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Juntsie for president
TOTUS is already filled.... we don't need another troll in the white house.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Damn, Seal Team in life support it sounds like. How the mighty fall lol
Old 05-04-2020, 09:55 PM
Aviak

Shouldn't the real question be - why do 3 guilds who raid together have 3 separate votes in what goes on in the raid scene. Sounds like vote stacking to me.

I do like that the "federation" called for clickie nerfs up and down the boards and then cry foul when they do get nerfed. BTW didnt ST procede to wipe the floor with you on the following competitive windows?
Old 05-04-2020, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

What the hell is vote stacking?

Like what is that supposed to mean?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2020, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldamari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't the real question be - why do 3 guilds who raid together have 3 separate votes in what goes on in the raid scene. Sounds like vote stacking to me.

I do like that the "federation" called for clickie nerfs up and down the boards and then cry foul when they do get nerfed. BTW didnt ST procede to wipe the floor with you on the following competitive windows?
I don’t raid on Green so I have no dog in the fight, but to me it sounds like you’re super salty that ST seems to be having a hard time now
Old 05-04-2020, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldamari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seal Team clean swept raid targets after the clicky nerf.

As an aside, Ironborn has a vote in the UN. They too are a small guild like DMO, I have great respect for the Ironborn crew. However, they have a Hate raidslot in the UN that they cannot do by themselves, so they make it an open raid. So, how come a small guild like Ironborn that can do FGs and Phinny the same as DMO gets a spot in the UN. Yet, we are voted down and told we are the same as ST. It just doesnt make sense.

I believe Ironborn is deserving of a raid slot, just like any other guild that can clear content. However this system is meant to benefit the few, not the many. Much like real politics really.

DMO asked for one thing, a spot in the UN in order to get a single FG and Phinny clear per week so that our members get to raid. That is literally it.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Aviak

Exclamation

Didnt ST have to take over the open Hate raid? I'm not sure since I left after the complete shit show the first half was

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t raid on Green so I have no dog in the fight, but to me it sounds like you’re super salty that ST seems to be having a hard time now
Old 05-04-2020, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguu~ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A brief history of Green raiding and the UN.

January 18th, Lineage, Kingdom, and Black Lotus are on Teal competing for dragons, while Seal Team is on Green without competition and is ruling with an iron fist, holding down any valuable camp or target.

January 19th, Teal is closed and characters are moved to Green. 4 guilds are now competing for 2 raid targets and atleast 7 guilds are now competing for Fire Giants and Phinny. Teal and Green UN merge.

The UN is now crowded. A meeting is held to setup rotations for Fire Giants and Phinny because they are only 8 hour spawns, so theres plenty to go around to keep all guilds mostly happy. At the meeting Seal Team is asked about DMO for rotations, all guilds are informed to treat them like an alt guild of ST that just likes to RP, they dont want in on rotation slots or the UN.

Now, any guild is allowed to propose policy in the UN and is voted on by each guild. Every guild has a single vote. Kingdom's vote is the same as Ironborn's vote. Proposals aren't policy until they have a majority vote.

About a month into the merge, Seal Team has gotten most of the 7 day targets. Venerate, Lineage, and Black Lotus form NAFTA, an alliance to help compete against Kingdom and Seal Team. NAFTA does not succeed in killing any targets. Seal Team doesn't lose a single Nagafen since the merge, The only guild on the server with Bladestoppers is Seal Team. Eventually, Lineage starts competing by themselves again.

In an attempt to get free dragons, most of the competing guilds conspire to propose dragon rotations. The proposal passes swiftly but Seal Team threatens to leave the UN if dragon rotations are enforced. The competing guilds concede to keep Seal Team in the UN. A GM proposes maybe a bag limit system could work, where if a guild kills a target 3 times in a row, they can't compete on the 4th. Seal Team threatens to leave again If this proposal also passes. So now, Seal Team has strong armed their way to being the strongest voice in the UN.

Now for the part DMO come into play.

Two months later Venerate, Black Lotus, and Kingdom form an alliance to compete with Seal Team. Seal Team is worried, they have been losing a few targets here and there to Kingdom. They immediately lash out and sever amicable ties with Kingdom. Petitions are flying out left and right and elf court is being overwhelmed. Over 2 weeks Seal Team loses 3 Nagafens in a row, among other 7 day targets. The first Bladestopper to go to another guild besides ST drops. The very next day, raid clickies are nerfed across the board, bringing all raid forces down but some more than others. The only way Seal Team can fight this is to destroy the UN and turn everyone against eachother. They invite DMO to the UN, their ace in the hole. DMO proceedes to bombard the UN with RnF style nonsense and all around shittery. Seal Team claims "Its why we invited Dark Men of Odus to the UN this week to get them a vote" because of the alliance. DMO is stunned when their proposal for acceptance into the UN is denied. Mainly due to the fact Seal Team spent the first 3 months of Green telling everyone to treat them like an alt RP guild, and only invited them to the UN when they wanted an extra vote. After being denied, DMO continues their shit flinging in the UN and runs over to camp King Tranix. The first guild to encounter them at Tranix is Akatsuki, a new to the UN, mainly Japanese guild who hasn't done a Fire Giant rotation yet. Once the UN got wind of what DMO was doing another shit flinging fest broke out in the UN, where DMO made some very offensive remarks. After many attempts at appeasement to discuss bringing DMO into the UN, All of DMO is removed by a GM except for their guild leader who continues to not fight for a invite to the UN but to gain an extra vote for Seal Team.
Dear RNF reader,

I will take this time to correct the OP on a few points, for your reading pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguu~ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A brief history of Green raiding and the UN.

January 18th, Lineage, Kingdom, and Black Lotus are on Teal competing for dragons, while Seal Team is on Green without competition and is ruling with an iron fist, holding down any valuable camp or target.
While factually accurate you are not giving Seal Team enough credit. During the timeframe mentioned, while the Teal server guilds were competing in bad blood with each other over classic raid targets, Seal Team was -sharing- some minor raid targets with 2 other guilds. Ironborn and Venerate. This was amicable, appreciated, and well received. It was for the good health of the server. It made for a happy server.

Quote:
January 19th, Teal is closed and characters are moved to Green. 4 guilds are now competing for 2 raid targets and atleast 7 guilds are now competing for Fire Giants and Phinny. Teal and Green UN merge.
Competing is a rather unusual word. I believe there was a meeting very fast after the merger to discuss rotations(except 7-day spawns).

Quote:
The UN is now crowded. A meeting is held to setup rotations for Fire Giants and Phinny because they are only 8 hour spawns, so theres plenty to go around to keep all guilds mostly happy. At the meeting Seal Team is asked about DMO for rotations, all guilds are informed to treat them like an alt guild of ST that just likes to RP, they dont want in on rotation slots or the UN.
This is true. good job.

Quote:
Now, any guild is allowed to propose policy in the UN and is voted on by each guild. Every guild has a single vote. Kingdom's vote is the same as Ironborn's vote. Proposals aren't policy until they have a majority vote.
In a place where reasonable people speak, this does not matter. Things were fine.

Quote:
About a month into the merge, Seal Team has gotten most of the 7 day targets. Venerate, Lineage, and Black Lotus form NAFTA, an alliance to help compete against Kingdom and Seal Team. NAFTA does not succeed in killing any targets. Seal Team doesn't lose a single Nagafen since the merge, The only guild on the server with Bladestoppers is Seal Team. Eventually, Lineage starts competing by themselves again.
NAFTA was in place pre-merge, no?

Quote:
In an attempt to get free dragons, most of the competing guilds conspire to propose dragon rotations. The proposal passes swiftly but Seal Team threatens to leave the UN if dragon rotations are enforced. The competing guilds concede to keep Seal Team in the UN. A GM proposes maybe a bag limit system could work, where if a guild kills a target 3 times in a row, they can't compete on the 4th. Seal Team threatens to leave again If this proposal also passes. So now, Seal Team has strong armed their way to being the strongest voice in the UN.
I do not believe this came up for a vote. It was presented and Phatez threatened to leave the UN. The other guilds were bereft of the information that Phatez made a promise to his guild that he would never agree to this. Essentially the 2nd half of the statement is true. No one wanted to wake the sleeping neckbeard.

Quote:
Now for the part DMO come into play.

Two months later Venerate, Black Lotus, and Kingdom form an alliance to compete with Seal Team. Seal Team is worried, they have been losing a few targets here and there to Kingdom. They immediately lash out and sever amicable ties with Kingdom. Petitions are flying out left and right and elf court is being overwhelmed. Over 2 weeks Seal Team loses 3 Nagafens in a row, among other 7 day targets. The first Bladestopper to go to another guild besides ST drops. The very next day, raid clickies are nerfed across the board, bringing all raid forces down but some more than others. The only way Seal Team can fight this is to destroy the UN and turn everyone against eachother. They invite DMO to the UN, their ace in the hole. DMO proceedes to bombard the UN with RnF style nonsense and all around shittery. Seal Team claims "Its why we invited Dark Men of Odus to the UN this week to get them a vote" because of the alliance. DMO is stunned when their proposal for acceptance into the UN is denied. Mainly due to the fact Seal Team spent the first 3 months of Green telling everyone to treat them like an alt RP guild, and only invited them to the UN when they wanted an extra vote. After being denied, DMO continues their shit flinging in the UN and runs over to camp King Tranix. The first guild to encounter them at Tranix is Akatsuki, a new to the UN, mainly Japanese guild who hasn't done a Fire Giant rotation yet. Once the UN got wind of what DMO was doing another shit flinging fest broke out in the UN, where DMO made some very offensive remarks. After many attempts at appeasement to discuss bringing DMO into the UN, All of DMO is removed by a GM except for their guild leader who continues to not fight for a invite to the UN but to gain an extra vote for Seal Team.
The best lies have the most truth. There is a lot of truth in this. My take is that Kingdom was bleeding members to ST at an alarming rate. Said members wanted easy pixels, so they jumped on the pixel-line(read as bread-line). Kingdom reacted to losing members by making an alliance, since their numbers were depleting(though not enough to take the out of a competitive stance, but had they not reacted it would have).

In reaction to losing dragons, ST see's the writing on the wall(or perhaps a flashback to Blue where Riot stomps Aftermath[from what I've heard, I was absent from the server for this]) and makes a play to bring some balance to what they see as an unbalanced vote in the UN. I think this is a fair stance from their point of view. From a slightly leaning Team-ST point of view I think it was a little bit exaggerated.

DMO got their vote. it was denied. They should have self-selected themselves out of the UN. Instead they decided to invite more members and flood the channel, as the OP says. It was a little bit shameful and more than a little irritating.

In closing, The UN was mostly fine until Akatsuki and Fires of Heaven came to join and had higher expectations than were realistic about getting into the rotations quickly. the UN is/was slow on getting things done. The members around the table were looking around at each other uncomfortably about making slices smaller. They each had members to serve and wanted to do their best.

That's it Dear Reader, I hope you enjoyed!

Your pal,

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 05-04-2020, 11:12 PM
Kobold

I can understand that a lot of people did not like to have their hypocrisy pointed out to them in the UN channel. We did not flood the channel - we at a couple of points discussed with other people present why their double standard would not be tolerated.

I've never seen such a self-serving double standard so vehemently defended before. Nice work BDA

Jack - Server First Erudite
Closed Thread