Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-24-2022, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Default Tomorrow will be 3 years of Green

Killing time between meetings today reminiscing about Green. I havent played since Velious was released but the early days sure were good.

What can I say that hasn't already been said in 3 years of Green?

Caught wind of the new server several months prior to the release and couldn't wait. Reached out to an old friend I hadnt spoken to in years and we came up with a plan to experience classic all over again - this time with the idea we were going to go hard.

Enchanter/cleric was to be the combo. Looking back this shouldve been enchanter/necro but we still were able to pull off some huge feats early on.

The first 6-9 months of Green was absolutely the best EQ experience I couldve asked for!! It was fast paced, crowded and completely insane - and I loved every minute of it!

Looking back at Oct/Nov of 2019 I can only laugh. Racing to find a single spawn in Gfay to camp until you could get into CB. Spawn timers cut in half. Massive amounts of players in every starting zone. This was what EQ shouldve been in 1999. Get on that first wave of neckbeards pushing for 50 and the over flowing camps and crowds were behind you. There were no shortage of groups or dedicated players.

Dec/Jan, list camps and a pandemic. What a time to be alive! Even with the server split populations were off the charts. Then the pandemic hit and thats when the party got good. Temple of Sol Ro opens. Plane of Fear drops and classic really starts to show its colors and the raid scene finally shows some life. And everyone seemed to have lots of time to spend on Green!

Sol Ro, Plane of Fear, throw in a server merger along with some Plane of Hate and you finally see some "competition" for the big targets. If only a 3rd guild couldve gotten their act together enough to challenge the other 2, things wouldve become more interesting. Instead it really became a 1 horse race.

Then you culminate with Plane of Sky. That first run on Green through PoS with Seal Team and Menden was the night cap of a fantastic classic experience.

Ive put many long hours on many other MMOs, each with their own unique experience. But I can say that my memories of the first days and months of Green were an experience I have up there with my first years of Everquest. The chaos, crowds, friendships, fights, list camps, item abuse, bugs and more - I loved it all!

No doubt Ive left out all the downfalls and frustrations we all experienced with a 20 year old emulation.

Heres a heart felt thank you to all the staff and players who made this possible. Nostalgia is a funny thing - you try and grasp it looking for a shared experience from years past but its fleeting. Instead you walk away with a new found joy.

Ruff
Smash
Tippani
Meathook
Vitality
Quicken
Annebelle
Deformed
Moose bard from Alaska whos name I am forgetting at the moment, and many more.

What a time to be alive!

Now give us Green 2.0
Old 10-24-2022, 05:12 PM
Banned

has it really been three years?
Old 10-24-2022, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2022, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

I tried my best to get cleric or monk epic or the ethereal most but I just didn't have it in me. I didn't realize how unattainable cleric stuff is and the surplus of clerics on the server was insanity
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm not sure which class I'll go with next round but maybe something more soloable
Last edited by Cen; 10-24-2022 at 07:10 PM..
Old 10-24-2022, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried my best to get cleric or monk epic or the ethereal most but I just didn't have it in me. I didn't realize how unattainable cleric stuff is and the surplus of clerics on the server was insanity
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm not sure which class I'll go with next round but maybe something more soloable
Shaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2022, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

I've been thinking about my green 2.0 character for ages. Gonna go Rogue and start in Qeynos area this time. Looking forward to getting my pair of giant snake fangs.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you P99 staff for three incredibly fun (not to mention 100% free) years of classic EQ gaming!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure which class I'll go with next round but maybe something more soloable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna go Rogue and start in Qeynos area this time.
The eternal question: what class to roll next? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally, I've decided to go Enchanter IF the class gets some of those classic fixes I've been hoping for (I want the 1999 Enchanter, not the easy mode one!)

If not, I'll probably go Monk, because they seem like the most soloable of all the non-casters, and I've never tried a non-caster main before.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-27-2022, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
<Castle>'s Ethereal Mist chestplates and the DKP spent on each one:

I don't think "unattainable" is the right word. During the nearly 2 years from Dec 19, 2020 to Sept 09, 2022, my guild looted 28 Ethereal Mist Chestplates. Many of them went for 1 dkp. And this is not a neckbeard, raid-all-day guild. This is the premier casual-friendly guild that raids. And this is Plane of Hate, a raid zone that is frequently left fully repopped during Velious era, not exactly a 2am batphone situation. I'm pretty sure you could have gotten one if you joined a guild that raids and show up to some Hates.

Edit: and I see that Castle has killed Ragefire 50 times thus far, and you better believe Seal Team/Good Guys and Kingdom have probably done even more. The cleric epic is one of the most reliably attainable.

What level did you reach during your time on Green?
Last edited by Videri; 10-27-2022 at 06:14 PM..
Old 10-27-2022, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

I hope on green 2.0 we think everything is normal, but discover all the items drop off different creatures!

like zelda 2nd quest.