Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Rabid not classic for release...

(citation needed)
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-07-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Old 10-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

This is a generous idea but doesn’t it kind of downplay part of the point of Green, which is everyone is grinding from scratch not just getting free gear hand outs from day one?
Old 10-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Just bumping because I think this is great. Who cares about the skill ups ? If he is willing to do this then that gives a lot of people an early advantage. If we can crowd source one person to the appropriate skill level to craft this, it would take a lot less time any individual player leveling up their own skills for the same purpose.

Need more of this on green.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a generous idea but doesn’t it kind of downplay part of the point of Green, which is everyone is grinding from scratch not just getting free gear hand outs from day one?
Nobody knows what the point of Green is. Go ahead ask 10 different people get 12 different answers.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if the crafting mechanics had been better understood on live you might have seen something like this on several of the servers back in the day. The many stories of hacking and griefing tend to obscure the fact that there were a lot of cooperative & generous people playing EQ in 1999.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if the crafting mechanics had been better understood on live you might have seen something like this on several of the servers back in the day. The many stories of hacking and griefing tend to obscure the fact that there were a lot of cooperative & generous people playing EQ in 1999.
Oh without a doubt. My point was more that from what I've seen/heard, many people are excited for Green because on Blue you can start a fresh character and people are handing you plat and gear (whether higher-end gear or low-end stuff like Banded/Bronze) left and right. Seems like doing something like this only re-creates that situation from Blue to a certain extent rather than everyone starting fresh and having to earn things themselves (at least for the first couple/few weeks).
Old 10-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rabid not classic for release...

(citation needed)
1 static rabbid wolf is classic, 3 grizzly's, those are classic.

During the plague a few random pather rabbid wolves were added to some spawn tables.

That 1 static rabbid wolf is going to be hilarious. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (roll evil and avoid at all cost) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Its not like this dude is going to span the globe and be operating 24/7 he will have his own shit to do.

No need to worry about ruining greens economy. It will do what it will do.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am interested in helping, I ironically just joined p1999 on Blue, now the new server is opening up straight away. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm not sure if you are still being generous with banded but I could use some for a dark elf still, no worries if it's all gone!
Old 10-11-2019, 02:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm interested in helping...ironically I just tarted on p1999 right about the time a new server is launching. I'm not sure if any of your banded is still available but I could use a set that fits dark elves...no worries if you cannot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread