Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHusk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the DPS hold up? I don't know. But I do know that I'm having a ton of fun.
They are the top melee DPS in the game.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are the top melee DPS in the game.
In Kunark with epic+, for sure. In Velious maybe.

In classic? Are they really?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-30-2019 at 06:48 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 08:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Kunark with epic+, for sure. In Velious maybe.

In classic? Are they really?
Early in Classic I would say no. That distinction probably goes to pet classes. Pet class damage really does not scale with gear so the gap lessens as gear becomes more available. By level 50 with reasonable gear a rogue should outdamage everyone in sustained damage over time.

I should note here that enchanters are a special case. I can’t speak about which charms are capable of outdamaging PCs.
Last edited by Psyborg; 10-30-2019 at 08:08 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 09:12 AM
Fire Giant

As expected, it's awful and I'm loving it.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel you, bazia. I spent quite a bit of time with my blue rogue in duos or trios that were fear kiting. Effective but maddening. I fucking HATED chasing stuff and staying right in melee range, even when stuff was snared. Instrument bonus bard snare was the only one strong enough to slow them down enough to make it almost bearable.
What? You don't like chasing mobs at clinging darkness speed without sow?
Old 10-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Skeleton

How does rogue compare with monk in classic era?
Old 10-30-2019, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

If you can get a raid weapon (e.g. Eyerazzia or Vox spear) it's pretty decent. If you have to resort to pre-raid weapons, it's really mediocre because pre-raid rogue weapons are trash. There won't even be Burning Rapier for like 7 months. Loads of rogues will be using weapons with worse than 1:3 ratio at level 50. It's barely better than a ranger using dots and nukes.
Last edited by greatdane; 10-30-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

I'm using a giant snake fang at lvl 7 and am having a good time but it's probably because I'm in Misty Thicket. Also in MT it's mostly druids so I tank alot. I basically make my own groups because people sit with LFG on at the wall and just OOC lvl 8 druid lfg! I'm not sure how it's going to be once I venture out in the next couple days but it's definitely been a grind. I like the theme so it keeps me interested. I was hoping to XP in runnyeye but there is usually a group at each zoneline and the rest is too scary for people.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Large Bat

Giant Spider Fang rocks just got one from a stranger in CB and my dps went way up! But yea until backstab and dual wield its hard to feel like I'm doing much. It aint much, but it's honest work.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Giant Snake Fang (5/27) is okay; the vendor-bought Spear (6/29) is a good upgrade if you can afford the 11pp. Combine Spear from the gypsy merchants is magic and slightly faster, but around 50pp IIRC. I think those are going to be the leveling rogue's bread and butter until Dragoon Dirks and SBDs get into the economy.
Closed Thread