Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 03:52 AM
Kobold

Default Falling in the Hole

I know this an FPS issue , but werent you supposed to die if you fell down in the hole by yael? Yael farming is way too easy.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

This has something to do with ping and smooth FPS, don't know the full technical explanation but somehow the titanium client doesn't register you as falling as far as you did.

That being said, to 'simulate' a classic fall it would be interesting to hear if dev team can put a trap upon zoning in that would hit you for 10K damage to simulate a proper fall. Not sure if monks / rogues / bards with various safefall levels could have survived in classic, and if the trap can affect you differently based off your skill level.

This trap would still enable proper DA then jump feature that was classic for clerics that rezzed at bottom.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Well on live you could lev above the water and click it off and drop into the pool for zero damage. But p99 always has you zone in at the same spot. I think you should also be able to move while falling so you can drop into the pool, but I might be wrong on that, but it should be just as "easy" to land safely.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raije1000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this an FPS issue , but werent you supposed to die if you fell down in the hole by yael?
Yes, insofar as the original creators expected people to die when falling in, but just like on P99 some people on live were able to circumvent the fall damage by achieving higher FPS rate.

It's unfortunate eventually no one will have a machine capable of long-range fall damage, but artificially creating a death trap for The Hole would be too drastic. It would be great if the devs could come up with a modern solution for big fall damage mechanics in general - something along the lines of, "if player is in free-fall animation state for x amount of time, player sustains 32,000 non-melee damage when no longer in that state", but that sounds like something only achievable through client code so it could just be unfixable.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well on live you could lev above the water and click it off and drop into the pool for zero damage. But p99 always has you zone in at the same spot. I think you should also be able to move while falling so you can drop into the pool, but I might be wrong on that, but it should be just as "easy" to land safely.
On live you could definitely move while in the air and land in the pool, did it multiple times not the least of which being on my rogue to pull my alt SK's corpse out who had fallen in due to some very inconvenient lag lol
Old 01-24-2019, 01:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This trap would still enable proper DA then jump feature that was classic for clerics that rezzed at bottom.
This sounds like it wouldn't allow bards to use their DA song though.
Closed Thread