Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Based on that logic, in some ways this wrist is almost BiS for monk. If you want to get best vendor prices, show me a better wrist item. Highest cha you'll find for monk. Useful to other classes too.
What an awful argument. Does it even warrant a reply? Oh well.

There's certain melee situations where woven vine wristband will get you your results the fastest out of any other wrist pieces. That is why it is the BiS for certain situations.

Hypothetical- You're a monk with a proc weapon like t-staff and not tanking. Why wouldn't you use woven vine wristband, all other things equal?

You're referencing making plat off an item in a non melee situation.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHooker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth Staff for mage epic. 500k+ for just one part of the mage epic.
Definitely not overpriced. The mage epic is a class defining, game play revolutionizing item.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely not overpriced. The mage epic is a class defining, game play revolutionizing item.
You could say the same about almost any other epic.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:23 PM
Kobold

cleric epic is best epic in the game and the entire mq is 1/10 of earth staff
Old 01-23-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage, cleric, nec, ranger, monk, shaman and bard i'd say are actually valuable in consideration of BIS equipment
Old 01-23-2019, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Only bard and mage can and Cleric on a bad day. These weapons become the class and all that it is, and all you did before the epic was nothing. Mages become gods, and bards actually become a different actual class entirely.

Everyone else just gets to do shit like root rot forever or win Fashionquest with their epics.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's nothing wrong with gearing for a bit of dex for soloing with a tstaff, but wrist is not the slot to do it in.

there is literally nothing BiS about that wrist other than the fact that it's the highest DEX wrist item that monks can wear. why spend 28k when you can pick up a Sejah Ghulam Bracer (quested, free) and Hardened Clay Bracelet (800-1k)?

a hypothetical monk twink:
white wolf-hide girdle: +13
cloak of flames: +9
circlet of falinkan: +5
white lotus wrist wraps: +3 (+6) (assume no BoBs)
white lotus arm wraps: +7
twisted bone earring: +5
black pantherskin boots: +5
celestial fists: +10
white lotus pants: +4 (+5 if black pantherskin)
+6 neck: +6
black pantherskin shoulderpads: +4

+74 DEX without wasting 28k on a terrible, overpriced item
So you're buying stuff like Cloak of Flames for dex but woven vine wristband is too much?

+74 Dex isn't doing the best you could do with dex. Hence why the woven vine wristband is a BiS for proccing. Lot's of people pay premium to put themselves in position to be the best possible in every situation.

I never once said it's a great value item but it surely is the price that it is because it's the BiS for certain situations.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Circlet of Shadow does not need to be equipped to use. Small discrepancy.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

I believe woodsman's staff is extremely overpriced for what it does. While it's pretty okay at level 30, it scales very poorly past level 40. Jade mace + lammy is less than 2k and should equal or out-dps a woodsman's staff by around level 35-40.

I've seen several threads recently of people praising it, but when you actually parse the weapon it's not 4k good.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

CoS.... but I am bias because I really want one. My main is a 58 cleric with like 10k in the bank. I made a necro and have gotten him to 54 with mostly charm leveling after 35 and have no CoS. It's doable but annoying and would love one, but I aint got that kind of plat to spend. Lol~
Closed Thread