Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

DanTDM did a p99 video. He was AMAZED coz it was SO COOL GUYS!
Old 01-21-2019, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if that would be hilarious or horrifying.
could u imagine? I wish i had the ability to make millions as a streamer, gain millions of followers, and all have it be a ploy to introduce to P99 and throw it all away after 90% of them unsub on my 49th straight hour of grinding.

But that last 10% that knocks the newbie pop up to 2500 woulda been all worth it.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
worst president in modern history, lots turning to MMOs
Good thing Clinton didn't win. They would have had to start another server....

Oh wait.. That actually would be pretty nice. Guess I'm voting Democrat in 2020!
Old 01-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

"On this week's Twitch stream, I will be camping Raster and Pained Soul..."

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela7460 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm leveling up a new character; and I can tell you the new population is a bit off. Most don't seem to want to group with anyone they don't know or they are being assisted by a higher level.

Last night there was like 37 people in Oasis and random 2 man teams would just run into our camp and take mobs. We asked if they wanted to join us, but just ignore us and kept doing there own thing.

Kind of reminded me of folks that are 2 boxing and didn't want to join a group because they knew they would be found out...
Could be Chinese invasion.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

MMO's as a genre are kinda dead atm... there is some hopefuls in the works but nothing more tangible than a thick fog yet so makes sense that people look to the past for something solid
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 01-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MMO's as a genre are kinda dead atm... there is some hopefuls in the works but nothing more tangible than a thick fog yet so makes sense that people look to the past for something solid
yeah, tbh I think they were dead the day I quit EQ

meaning, everyone else who was expereiencing them, i had friends that started EQ around the time I quit (velious) and i remember thinking 'what are you getting yourself into? Longstanding regret, that's what'

then world of Warcraft came out, it felt like the same thing. People that havent 'experienced' an MMO, getting all sucked into one. They hit all those gamers that were too softcore for EQ

Basically the point Im making is, MMO's are fun, once. And then you quit, and you think "holy shit I wasted my life" so you never want to do it again.

What can I say, looks like about 10-15 years is the shelf life for those feelings, its when I came back.. its when nost came back...

So whats my TLDR? 15 years from the hottest MMO's decline, is when we can expect another, new, successful MMO

We're a few years away from that maybe? Maybe 6 or 7?

We'll see another breakout hit around then, watch! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thing Clinton didn't win. They would have had to start another server....

Oh wait.. That actually would be pretty nice. Guess I'm voting Democrat in 2020!
Hmm no government. At least you aren't getting your vote's worth.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be Chinese invasion.
When Vice did a coverstory on the Chinese prisoners-turned-gold farmers in WoW, it blew my mind and made me wonder when/if they’d come to p99. They very clearly came to EQ live... everyone join Firiona Vie they say...
Old 01-24-2019, 12:28 AM
Sarnak

What I noticed was that the server population went up during the long holiday XP bonus that lasted from Christmas to New Years Day. A lot of people taking time off work and an XP bonus made the increased server population logical for that period. But I always thought that the moment January 2nd came around the population would go back down to pre-Christmas averages. But so far they have remained higher then I expected.

I think it's a combination of two things. One is the time of year. Winter in cold climate areas will tend to keep people looking for indoor entertainment. And second is maybe some people got so much XP grinding in during the holiday bonus time that they are still in high play time mode even though the XP is back to normal.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Closed Thread