Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 10:46 AM
Kobold

Default Kaesora / Reaver

Heyo -

I love Kaesora. Don't really know why, but I do. And I've been spending a lot of time there just for the fun of it, going from named to named until I have the complete list (via Wiki) of named drops and a full set of truesilver. Just cuz'.

Currently I'm on the Reaver of Xalgoz

https://wiki.project1999.com/Reaver_of_Xalgoz

I've killed this dude 15 times (that I've counted), and he has yet to drop any of the loot listed on the Wiki. All he has dropped has been fine steel weapons.

SUPPOSEDLY, all drops from Kaesora can drop off all mobs. So sayeth the Wiki. Frankly, I don't think that's true for all drops - just some of them. In my experience so far, certain named can only drop certain loots, but there is some cross-loots between named. And truesilver can drop off anything (though I've personally only ever seen spiders drop).

My question is, has anyone killed the Reaver lately and seen him drop anything other than fine steel? Namely the Rod of Battle and/or the Deathwatch Sword? I know, 15 times isn't much, but so far every single other named I've killed here has dropped something from their unique loot table every kill - some more rarely than others.

Reaver broken, or working as intended?
Old 01-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

I encourage you to search ZAM for each mob you killed and read the comments and look at the loot info (take loot with a grain of salt, newer stuff is easy to spot). Also read the comments in the main zone page.

With your knowledge of current p99 kaesora you will then know what should be fixed in future p99 kaesora.

I did this for Dalnir and it was a lot of fun.

Here is an example of my bug report, you should do the same:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=307661
Old 01-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure on the staff. But Ive gotten then BP and sword to drop off him maybe 3-4 months ago when I leveled my necro there.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Are you going to camp the fear staff from xalgoz too? I'd bet plat that camping that will take longer than the rest of the items in the zone combined. Or you get super lucky, I dunno, definitely one or the other.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:21 AM
Kobold

Rygar: Man, not sure if I have the patience or attention to detail for that kind of endeavor, but I agree that it would be pretty friggin' cool. I'll keep it in mind, and at least try to take some notes during my time there.

Disease: Awesome, that's all I need. At least I know he does drop SOMETHING, so I'll keep killing him. Thanks.

Murri: I'm a 51 Paladin, and not particularly well-geared. I could easily get to Xalgoz, and single pull him safely, but I don't know how confident I'd be in soloing him. At least not without LH up. I mean, I'm sure I COULD, but he kinda hurts and i'm scared. But it's definitely gonna be on my list after I get the other bros in the dungeon deaded.
Closed Thread