Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Did anyone hear of http://ahungry.com/eqauctions before? Same thing and been around longer too.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What nasty things to say. This community has always been one of the kindest, most welcoming and easily penetrated of any mmo. Your assessment is not only untrue, it is unfair. Most players would drop what they were doing, whatever it was, to lend a hand however they could.

Most would (and do) give away items to new beginners rather than spend their hours sullying their souls in the tunnel. And I would say that even within EC, most are simply there to transact by the accepted rules of fair play and move on. They are not there to scour specific log entries or weigh the merit of every damned unrelated auction. They just want to sell their stuff and go back to playing the gam with their friends and family, making new acquaintances and helping one another bash baddies ^^ They are no more to blame for their unwitting exploitation than p99auctions is for its.
All of that is true (except the "nasty" bit), and none of it contradicts my comment. This community has long been well salted with jerks, and you've been around plenty long enough to know that. (And a far few of the jerks are quite friendly and companionable if they happen to consider you a friend/ally, it's a rare personality who is 100% sociopath, even here.)

Resellers were using, and RMTers were abusing, the EC bazaar long before p99auctions was even a vague notion in its programmer's mind. The assholery in EC and in the raid game was well established in EC and throughout the community when I started playing here in the fall of 2011, and by all reports then it was not a recent development.

Your rude comments about p99auctions in this and other threads are completely unwarranted.

Thou protesteth overmuch, m'lady.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got proof?
Hi Filbus. It's good to see you're still kicking around.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did anyone hear of http://ahungry.com/eqauctions before? Same thing and been around longer too.
yeah, you're there, I'm using you. The 2 min delay is a killer, though. Not sure what you can do to change that. Doesn't matter though, I'm using your site!
Old 11-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the new look and the search for the site. I haven't been buying or selling lately but I'm liking what I see...
Old 11-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Does anyone know how these sites deduce items? At some point you need to do string matching from the log I suppose, then is it just hitting alla or something with the name to (hopyfully) find an exact match?
Old 11-22-2016, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzzzt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know how these sites deduce items? At some point you need to do string matching from the log I suppose, then is it just hitting alla or something with the name to (hopyfully) find an exact match?
https://github.com/ahungry/com.ahungry <- full ahungry source code, see for yourself
Old 11-22-2016, 10:16 PM
Kobold

lol lisp. neat, thanks!
Old 11-22-2016, 11:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I still don't see a lot of the items i'm looking for listed in that site. I mean no hits on Protection of the Glade or call of the predator
Old 11-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of that is true (except the "nasty" bit), and none of it contradicts my comment. This community has long been well salted with jerks, and you've been around plenty long enough to know that. (And a far few of the jerks are quite friendly and companionable if they happen to consider you a friend/ally, it's a rare personality who is 100% sociopath, even here.)

Resellers were using, and RMTers were abusing, the EC bazaar long before p99auctions was even a vague notion in its programmer's mind. The assholery in EC and in the raid game was well established in EC and throughout the community when I started playing here in the fall of 2011, and by all reports then it was not a recent development.

Your rude comments about p99auctions in this and other threads are completely unwarranted.

Thou protesteth overmuch, m'lady.
Not sure how I missed his until now, but now that I have found it, I will address it ^^ I do not hold p99auctions or it's creators accountable for the abuses it suffered alongside EC goers. No, that blame rests entirely with those who knowingly subjected the site and their fellow players to their own nefarious ambitions.

I apologize if my words slandered too directly p99auctions or it's benevolent creators. That was not my intent. But though a tool may be crafted with noblest of intents, it is not immune to misuse. And though neither it nor it's creators may in good conscience be held to account for such misuse, the abuse of others still, simply cannot be ignored. It is for that reason that I felt strongly the passing of this creation was a boon to our community.

I should have more clearly leveled blame at the source (the exploiters) while addressing clearly the unintended role played by p99auctions. Thank you for keeping me in line ^^