Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The living froglok king on live had a response to "What sword" when charmed, which was supposedly a remnant of the original Fiery Avenger quest. The response got removed some time after Velious hit.

Found out about it randomly when the Enchanter in my king/tac group charmed the king for shits and another person in the group said "what sword" in response to a conversation going on in the grp about the Mithril 2hander.
I saw a post on the official EQ forums where a dev confirmed there was an original FA quest, but he said the code for it was long since gone (as were the devs at the time) so he couldn't look up what the original quest was.

EDIT: Found this: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

According to Brad himself:
Quote:
That was a mess up on our part and I take the blame. The first quest involved talking to several sphinx and figuring out their riddles. This was begun, but then devs were distracted with other priorities. So you couldn't finish the quest (or even get far on it), but we announced it worked. When later we realized it didn't work, we ended up throwing the whole initial quest idea out and put a quest in that actually worked. This was, unfortunately, some time later.

This happening was not something we were proud of, so we never talked about it. Also my mistake.
That solves the sphinx mystery
Last edited by Alanus; 12-14-2016 at 02:10 PM..
Old 12-15-2016, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

What about things that are not a mystery now, but were back in the day... like how I kept looking in northern West Karana for a way to zone into Everfrost? Or wondered if a boat/raft would show up at the dock in the Barbarian Village, to go to Erudin? Stupid me, I kept looking at the map that came in the game box and thought all those zones actually were real...
Old 12-15-2016, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about things that are not a mystery now, but were back in the day... like how I kept looking in northern West Karana for a way to zone into Everfrost? Or wondered if a boat/raft would show up at the dock in the Barbarian Village, to go to Erudin? Stupid me, I kept looking at the map that came in the game box and thought all those zones actually were real...
There is the 'fake zone line' in Oasis around orc highway that, thanks to that map, I have only just realised was actually just a dried up riverbed!

There are a few other genuine 'unused zonelines', in Oggok there is a tunnel that doesn't lead anywhere. In South Karana there is an area near the hermit that looks like it is a wk/nk style zone line, but really is just an invisible wall on the plain.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Banned

I think ever quest was supposed to be a lot more ambitious and complete before release. Look at Qeynos. Things are happening in that city, almost like it's alive, NC movement, dialogue, the catacombs and quests. Compared to oggok. I know it wasn't supposed to be a hub city, but just so much left out.

I think when Verant realized people were playing 16 hours a day regardless it was better to focus on shoveling that shit out the door.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

I've always wanted to know the story behind the portals in the Hole. Why are they so hard to get to, and why have them port to Paineel, Erudin, and Neriak?

Just a strange piece that is in the game that has basically no practical usage, besides for rogues who are stranded out in Odus.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

In the npc model data files for akanon and kaladimb, there are (buggy) entries for unique gnome and dwarf king models that, as far as I know, were never used. I could be wrong, but it seems unlikely as the IDs for the models are malformed -- every model in the game has a 3-letter identifier like DWM for "dwarf male", but these models uniquely have only 2-letter IDs (CL and KA, respectively).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Somehow I feel like the dwarf one is trying to look like a Russian monarch. Maybe it's just me.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

To get Leo, you must play for exactly 58:41. Then right when it turns to 58:42, walk into Gau's dad's house and talk to the man. He should say: "A weird General Dude just came into my house and went on the roof! Use this chair!" If you fixed the chair earlier, then you can use it to go on the roof. You now fight Leo and if you use a revivify on him, he says "Oh no you win. I will go to the place where the air is beneath the water."

Then, if you go back to Daryl's tomb and use the Shovel you get at Thamasa for feeding the cat food to Gungho (The cat food is found in Mt. Zozo when you press A when touching every single wall until a switch appears. Press the switch and a new town will open near Narshe, and it's called Zagula. Once you're in Zagula everyone's a cat, and talk to the Cat in the Green house. Buy 33 scimitars from him when you have 44 scimitars and he'll give you Cat Food!

The trick with the scimitars and cat food will only work if you've found the Lunkum Dagger in the Phoenix Cave, the most powerful dagger. It's in the room with the green torch. To get to the room with the green torch push the blue torch in the room with all the purple torches. To get to the room with purples torches you have to have put the beer in the old man's cup in the hidden bar in Zagula. In the hidden bar, there's an old man, and if you talk to him, he says "Empty cup. Need Beer!"

The beer is the most valuable item in the game. In order to find it, you have to press the red button that is in Lockes house on the floating continent. In order to get back to the Floating Continent, simply walk into Thamasa and walk into the invisible door which is next to some trees. Then you'll go to a yellow room where the Atma Key is. Use the Atma Key on the hidden door in Narshe and Kekfa's tower will turn into the floating continent. Once you're there, go to Locke's house and push the red button to get the beer) Use the shovel in the place where you get the airship and you'll dig up Leo's dead body. Use Phoenix Down on him and he'll join you! You have to have 77 Scimitars and the Lunkum Dagger for it to work!
Old 12-15-2016, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always wanted to know the story behind the portals in the Hole. Why are they so hard to get to, and why have them port to Paineel, Erudin, and Neriak?

Just a strange piece that is in the game that has basically no practical usage, besides for rogues who are stranded out in Odus.
Speaking of the Hole/Paineel/Erudin, wtf is up with the Observatory?
Old 12-16-2016, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That solves the sphinx mystery
wait sphynxes in rathe?

I always wondered what they were for, whatever they do now is way underwhelming for what they look like they planned on doing with them.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

I stumbled across this neat white sabretooth in the Trakanon's Teeth files, which I don't think ever got used for anything. Makes me wonder if they were planning on making an all-snowy zone in Kunark and never got around to it.

Closed Thread