Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand the whole running and staying invisible or breaking charm. Speaking of which, I don't think I have ever seen a Necro use charm on a live mob or an undead mob. But I do solo a lot so maybe they do it in groups?

Feign Death has never been a problem for me. Maybe it's because I have the mob fight with my pet while I'm casting Darkness then Fear. So if I do need to cast FD then the mob is more busy with my pet than thinking about me...
Yea heh we're playing on different levels. There's a whole lot out there for you to learn my friend. Necros can only charm undead mobs. HS, Seb, KC, PoF, and PoH are some of the most common. I would recommend getting HS keyed and learning how to charm in there. There's a video guide floating around here somewhere. I'm sure someone can find a link for you.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:09 AM
Orc

The advantage of clicky invis is obviously in fd situation and getting up invis instantly
Old 08-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The advantage of clicky invis is obviously in fd situation and getting up invis instantly
That's right. I actually have the first ever one that dropped on the server*. It can be yours for 150k - hold a piece of history in your inventory today ^^
Old 08-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea heh we're playing on different levels. There's a whole lot out there for you to learn my friend. Necros can only charm undead mobs. HS, Seb, KC, PoF, and PoH are some of the most common. I would recommend getting HS keyed and learning how to charm in there. There's a video guide floating around here somewhere. I'm sure someone can find a link for you.
I forgot to mention I also have a level 55 Druid so I know all about charming mobs. I'm just saying I killed Spectres with both characters and saw a lot of Necros and they never charmed a Spectre to use as a pet...
Old 08-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot to mention I also have a level 55 Druid so I know all about charming mobs. I'm just saying I killed Spectres with both characters and saw a lot of Necros and they never charmed a Spectre to use as a pet...
Charming for necros, while possible at lower levels, is more of a lvl 45+ endeavor in my opinion. Necros don't get the same toys as enchanters for control on breaks. At least not reliable ones until later in life.

While it's possible to charm kill the specters, it's easier and much safer to just fear kite them.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming for necros, while possible at lower levels, is more of a lvl 45+ endeavor in my opinion. Necros don't get the same toys as enchanters for control on breaks. At least not reliable ones until later in life.

While it's possible to charm kill the specters, it's easier and much safer to just fear kite them.
I've been charm soloing in unrest on my necro since lvl 30 (36 now) and it's hella fun. Charm one undead mob, hungry earth the other. When they're both almost dead, click your CoS and nuke/lifetap them both to finish them off. If you're back is against a wall when you break charm you can channel through a quick nuke (or hungry earth/screaming terror) while your former pet is beating on you. When fighting a live mob, screaming terror it and back pet off right before they're both dead. Then break charm with CoS and kill them both. Gets even easier at 34 when you get root. If shit hits the fan you can always FD or harmshield your way to safety. Way more exciting and better experience than fear kiting one mob at a time in low ZEM outdoor zones.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been charm soloing in unrest on my necro since lvl 30 (36 now) and it's hella fun. Charm one undead mob, hungry earth the other. When they're both almost dead, click your CoS and nuke/lifetap them both to finish them off. If you're back is against a wall when you break charm you can channel through a quick nuke (or hungry earth/screaming terror) while your former pet is beating on you. When fighting a live mob, screaming terror it and back pet off right before they're both dead. Then break charm with CoS and kill them both. Gets even easier at 34 when you get root. If shit hits the fan you can always FD or harmshield your way to safety. Way more exciting and better experience than fear kiting one mob at a time in low ZEM outdoor zones.
Honestly this is why I grow bored on necros so fast. They have so much at their disposal the class grows boring for me before I ever get even close to 50.

Just a really versatile solo class that risks very little due to having FD. I respect what they bring to a group, and their solo capabilities, but I find them extraordinarily boring.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly this is why I grow bored on necros so fast. They have so much at their disposal the class grows boring for me before I ever get even close to 50.

Just a really versatile solo class that risks very little due to having FD. I respect what they bring to a group, and their solo capabilities, but I find them extraordinarily boring.
same, dude. it's funny how having so many different ways of killing mobs and just being flat out OP really makes a class dull to me.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think they will go up far from there?
Already these things have bumped up to 15k. You must be consulting with Schnick's financial advisors or you got insider information... or, you are just a prophet.

Impressive bro!
Old 08-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Orc

As a new SK that just spend weeks scraping together 10k to buy one of these.

I hate this thread.
Closed Thread