Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

To answer OP, there's a new thread nilbog posted about being very close to chardok revamp. This should signal the final patch to close out the development of p99 blue server!

Hopefully, the staff will take a break. They have worked a long time to get here and we've enjoyed that progress incrementally! I imagine green will be out no sooner than end of 2018.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a new green server would be such a cluster fuck i agree. easiest way to solve this?

release green server with no rules. let the players figure it out.
Are you #ruthless or #toothless?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Fire Giant

Wipe it clean!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, yes I do think there should be a progression server.

It should replace P99 Blue, which should be wiped as it is a Beta server afterall.
Honestly this, green should just wipe the server.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't miss much. There weren't a lot of people and hardly anything worked correctly. P99 has come a long way. A "recycle" server should be a much better experience.

Danth
Kinda torn on this. I enjoyed playing here at launch. Its true that the zones were much more empty due to low population and they had to turn general chat on as world wide channel to help people find grps, but it was still a great experience. even with all the bugs and stuff, it was great then.

I definitely think a relaunch with the all the fixes and patches/expansions on the real timeline would be a great experience too, but I enjoyed p99 when it was still brand new also.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should replace P99 Blue, which should be wiped as it is a Beta server afterall.
First off, wipes aren't classic.

But more importantly, why replace Blue? True, it is a "beta" server, but everyone who is bothered by Blue's history/economy will play on Green. Why not let people who've played on Blue for awhile now (possibly for as long as seven or eight years) keep playing?

Also keep in mind that there's still a question of what happens to Green characters after the three(-ish) year classic cycle is over and the server resets. While nothing has been decided whatsoever (that I know), one possibility that has been floated is that the staff will copy (with name adjustments) everyone on Green to Blue just before they restart it.

If that does wind up being the plan Blue will serve an important role as "that server where you can still play all your old favorites, both from Blue and from previous Greens".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:57 PM
Banned

A new server will probably have 3000+ people trying to login on the first month. What a nightmare
Old 12-13-2017, 03:47 AM
Sarnak

Wiping p99 would completely wipe out hordes of neckbeard retirement funds.

Catastrophic.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And I think you miss the key statement/idea which is to avoid the shitfight, by launching at current timeline.
Never going to happen. Remember, that the entire point of the "beta Blue server" was to research/re-create all of classic EverQuest. It would make no sense at all for the staff to do that and then just skip 2/3 of their work when they release the new server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Has there been any recent chatter re. green server?
Yes, just three days ago someone named slowpoke68 started some chatter about a proposed green server. Surprised you missed that.
Closed Thread