Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Btw, this is in the current files:

./eqstr_us.txt:12090 RUNMODE IS NOW ** OFF ** DUE TO FATIGUE.

./eqstr_us.txt:12362 You are too fatigued to jump!

So it would make sense people couldn't run while fatigued (hence one reason to keep it up in groups, incase a wipe was happening and people need to escape, or the melee is the puller - go try being main puller even with SOW with Walk turned on instead of run).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-23162.html
Old 01-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Zing was bread and butter to melee on live but not here
Old 01-06-2018, 11:55 PM
Aviak

The one thing that still irks me is the languages on P99. On live it took awhile to learn other races languages to the point that there were often groups in WC that were solely dedicated to getting language skill ups.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:05 AM
Kobold

you couldnt swim or jump either, meaning when u were low on stamina u were gonna have a bad time
Old 01-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Banned

dude how i wish stamina would work
stupid shit like that makes the game great
actual consequences for mismanaging of all resources
Old 01-07-2018, 04:47 AM
Kobold

Bard charm also basically transfers some agro to the bard so swarm kiting isn't possible and it requires normal charm kiting to be swapped back and forth between mobs.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

In a lot of ways in not accurate at all. Some of those ways are due to very complicated things, like having to make educated guesses to client side formulas etc. Others are inaccurate out of no other reason than laziness when things are very easy to identify from the live client (faction values as one example, as those are horribly wrong on P99). But seriously I spent about 5 minutes playing P2002 and it very quickly made me realize the quality of work that's been done on P99 even if it isn't perfect.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is because there is no proxy aggro bonus on this server from my experience.

Mobs tended to be sticky. The closer you are to them, specifically in Melee range vs out of Melee range, the more Hate they should have.

This is easily testable on Live and explains why swarm kiting works and worked back in classic. When your pet was in Melee range of the pack and you were far away, the proxy aggro +Hate bonus your pet gets from being in Melee range will trump the body aggro you got.

Belly casters should also generate 0 aggro on spells cast outside of their belly range unless you are using unresistable spells that will land.
Not sure why I thought of this now, but have the hate list mechanics been tested on P99 to verify accuracy?

Dumping a mallet into a mob with 100% HP should almost generate no hate (I believe full spell agro only factored in when mob was in summoning mode).

Also, hate should decay. If you have established 20,000 points of hate on a hate list, you shouldn't be able to turn auto-attack off and wait for someone to get to 20,001 points. High level mobs should have hate decay more rapidly than lower level mobs. I don't know the exact formula for this, and not sure if anyone really does, but hate decay was a confirmed feature from Brad.

Finally, if you are on a mob's hate list, but add no additional hate, you should drop off the hate list completely after like 5 minutes.

I never went through and tested, figured someone of your background would know.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Two big big things i remember differently on live.

The ability to out run mobs by strafing as you run on project 1999:

I remember on live there was no out running mobs without sow........

Social agore:

I remember bards being able to charm kite by getting agroe on a bunch of stuff, then charming one of the mobs and sending it into the pack. They would all turn on the charmed mob. Here on project 1999 only the mob that is attacked will attack the charmed pet. Of course my memories of this are from the werewolves in plane of nightmare during PoP so maybe not classic.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Has the Hate decay feature been tested on p99 then?

Also not sure i follow about the mallet, i understand what it should generate if the mob was in summoning mode, but if you are saying a mallet dump into a mob with 100% hp gives 2000 hate then that is wrong.
Closed Thread