Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question Soul bind in the teleport room still possible?

In the old days, I used to bind soul in the teleport room in timerous deep. Is it still possible to bind there? Or is there somewhere convenient to bind soul?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Kobold

No it is not, don't think you can bind anywhere in TD. Best you can do is bind at the Oasis docks and catch the raft, then lev run your way there. Still easiest to just /who all Dial and buy a port.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Kobold

I think even if you could bind there you might get spawn camped by a dragon friend
Old 02-02-2018, 08:05 PM
Kobold

I see so many fewer people out at the fire pots than I used to. Used to always be a handful sitting around - doesn't seem many active characters are still bound there.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

You were only able to bind there the first week or two of Kunark I believe, not anymore though. If you were still able to bind there we might as well progress the server to PoP.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were only able to bind there the first week or two of Kunark I believe, not anymore though. If you were still able to bind there we might as well progress the server to PoP.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
The crazy thing is, people largely didn't even do it. On live I had a guildmate that remained bound there for the duration of his time in Norrath. Swore I would enjoy the same luxury if the opportunity ever presented itself.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Aviak

I feel like most players have no idea this was ever a feature, I be willing to bet at least half have never even heard of the fire pots.

This would be a cool GM Event reward: top 3 or 5 get bound at fire pots by gm if they desire.

With the limited features in classic eq, combined with playing in a game world that is no longer being expanded / developed, I think its a shame to not have access to, or even knowledge of, the other features that the game dev's originally put in.

Im not talking about items being removed by the timeline, which was done originally as an "emergency change" to preserve the game balance back in 2001, I am talking about things such as some ppl being able to use fire pots, and re sleeping the sleeper. Content that was intended to be played by the developers, and on our server has been gone for so long that the general populace is not even aware of their existence.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

I have my 44 SHM and 60 NEC bound there on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Banned

NOPE 😏

(gates away on fire pot bound character)
Closed Thread