Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Help Explain Huge Exp Difference

Tried researching this, but can't find an explanation. Hoping people here can help.

A friend and I are duoing an Ogre Warrior and a Troll Shaman respectively. We only play together and he is out-leveling me like crazy - like an orange and a half per level at 28.

Based on what I've read on the wiki, Warrior has a 10% exp bonus and Ogre has a 15% penalty so he should be around -5%. My troll should be at -20%. If we're both equal level though, I thought I'd be getting a bigger split of the pie since I would have had to earn more exp to be at the same level. Instead, every level we play he ends up way ahead and it's just getting worse as we get higher level. We were hoping to keep these toons together, but it's becoming a huge chore at this point and I'm thinking of rerolling.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Kobold

I think the information you found is outdated. main point is, don't reroll just keep playing together you wont get that far apart.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Orc

At least you're both playing races with penalties. If he was playing a halfling warrior it would be much more noticeable.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

You should be setting same % of xp per kill indeed. Either you guys are abusing quest xp like CB Belts etc. Either your friend is playing solo in your back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

It’s totslly you I’ve been noticing the same thing.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

I thought group xp is shared in such a way that you should get the same xp % per kill and should maintain same pace if all of your kills are together so this sounds odd to me
Old 03-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Aviak

Also even with a decent level difference, if you only kill together you will end up catching up to him as well.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

read down from..
http://wiki.project1999.com/Experien...for_Experience
through to...
http://wiki.project1999.com/Experien...perience_Works

---
If only duoing 100% of the time there is no way a -20% xp player is pulling ahead of a -5% xp player. So if your friend is really higher level he's been killing on the side, grouping on the side or turning in quests on the side and not telling you or realizing what he's doing.

Furthermore I have personally seen a player with no exp penalty catch up to a player who has a exp penalty and pass them in level. This happened at higher level ~50 so perhaps keep going and tracking that exp. As well as talking to your friend about what they do when you're not around.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouer2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought I'd be getting a bigger split of the pie since I would have had to earn more exp to be at the same level.
The Wiki says:
"The only thing that determined how big each slice of the pie would be was the net total xp that each of them had earned since character creation."

So you both get the same amount, but you as a troll still need more exp to lvl.
I guess, he can help you to kill mobs solo, so you get 100% exp until you catch up.

(I'm new to EQ, so I might be wrong.)
Old 03-17-2018, 10:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Didn’t this get changed in velious? Xp is no longer shared the same way in groups as it was in vanilla/kunark. Everyone gets the same xp now and therefore class/race with penalties will fall behind classes/races with/or no bonusses
Closed Thread