Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Weapons for monk - what is best?

I realize 2hb is the way to go, at least that's what it seems when carrying a T-staff, but when does this become the best weapon to use for the monk? Only once it procs? Or, is the dps surpassing 1hb DWing even earlier than that?

Aside from this question, I also want to know what 1hb weapons are best?

I seen on p99 wiki, monk weapons the Stave of Shielding is listed as better dps than the Adamantium Club, yet, I always see the combination of Ad Club and one SoS being used.

If SoS is better damage due to ratio, why do monks not dual-weild Staves of Shielding? Is the Ad Club mixed with a SoS due to it having a stun proc, and the slightly less dps is given up for the proc effect?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...nxk/edit#gid=0

That should help a lot haha.

So yeah, ada club does more dmg primary hand due to main hand bonus, with a lower delay.

T-staff/2hb is essential if you're soloing, or if you're tanking. The proc is awesome for keeping agro.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...nxk/edit#gid=0

That should help a lot haha.

So yeah, ada club does more dmg primary hand due to main hand bonus, with a lower delay.

T-staff/2hb is essential if you're soloing, or if you're tanking. The proc is awesome for keeping agro.
ok thanks man for clarifying that.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
T-staff/2hb is essential if you're soloing
why? if it does less damage than epic/sceptre of mastery
Old 08-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

tstaff never does better dos than ac/sos, but the stun component of the proc is HUGE. It lasts a lot longer than an ordinary stun and is fantastic for building aggro of you are tanking in addition to diminishing damage taken she ther solo or tanking. 2hb is also better for solo/tanking due to larger ripostes from the user and fewer ripostes/dmg-shield strikes to the user. it will not benefit substantially though from the upcoming '2h' dmg bonus change. The update is much more substantial for slow weapons, so weapons liek Spyder's Facesmasher or even IFS will benefit more from that patch.

tl;dr - use tstaff for solo/tanking to improve aggro and mitigation. ^^
Old 08-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it will not benefit substantially though from the upcoming '2h' dmg bonus change. The update is much more substantial for slow weapons, so weapons liek Spyder's Facesmasher or even IFS will benefit more from that patch.
I thought someone had said that 30 delay or so was going to be the "sweet spot" for 2h weapon buff in that patch?

Hence, why t-staff jumped in price vastly due to it benefiting greatly from that buff to 2hb?

Just going off what I recall someone claiming, no evidence backing my recollection lol.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

28 is the min delay to get the big 2h bonus

Slower 2h weps benefit even more from the new dmg bonus
Old 08-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tstaff never does better dos than ac/sos, but the stun component of the proc is HUGE.
If you weapon swap the t-staff, it is much better than ac/sos at 60. I haven't done the math at lower levels though so your mileage may vary.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Unless I am reading it wrong, it seems that the 2hander section of this spreadsheet is using the wrong damage bonuses for the calculations.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you weapon swap the t-staff, it is much better than ac/sos at 60. I haven't done the math at lower levels though so your mileage may vary.
epic fist + sos is much better than AC + sos too. we weren't talking about ts + epic fist (which parses marginally better than that) though; we were talking about ts ^^