Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior or SK: which is more fun to level?

Of course I know there is no *objective* answer. Just curious to hear your experiences. Mostly looking at the 1-60 experience. And yes, imo feeling powerful rather than gimped is part of the fun (ogre master race for life).
Old 01-08-2018, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

I say warrior, at least on blue
Old 01-08-2018, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

I liked my warrior more than my SK, but in terms of "fun" I think having access to spells including invis, feign death, levitate or snare, fear... probably makes the SK more "fun if that's the question. My SK was much more self-dependent, solo-able and flexible.
Warrior is a much more straightforward beast... I truly enjoyed 1-30 but I couldn't go through the infamous 30-52 where you just suck at everything (pull, tank, travelling, solo, dps... name it, you suck). Supposedly at 52+ you start feeling the power. I might level her up again if I ever feel like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TLDR to answer your question, my vote goes to Shadow Knight
Old 01-08-2018, 03:52 AM
Fire Giant

no love for pallys?
Old 01-08-2018, 04:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked my warrior more than my SK, but in terms of "fun" I think having access to spells including invis, feign death, levitate or snare, fear... probably makes the SK more "fun if that's the question. My SK was much more self-dependent, solo-able and flexible.
Warrior is a much more straightforward beast... I truly enjoyed 1-30 but I couldn't go through the infamous 30-52 where you just suck at everything (pull, tank, travelling, solo, dps... name it, you suck). Supposedly at 52+ you start feeling the power. I might level her up again if I ever feel like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TLDR to answer your question, my vote goes to Shadow Knight
I tanked just fine from lvl 30-52 on my 3 warriors. And now they're lvl 60 and 52 x 2.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

Myeah - I think it is very gear dependant, and even then you can't hold aggro against the Flash of Light or Disease Cloud boyz.

I did tank as well. This is the only thing a warrior can do hehe. I just don't think it tanks the best at 30-52. I understand it is different in raid situations, but you don't raid at 30-52.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no love for pallys?
i cant find the point playing a pal instead sk (FD is retarded op)
Old 01-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Depends what you like. If you want to be a great tank the SK is weak... its only advantage is spell aggro. But SK can be fun for other reasons (fear kite soloing, fd pulling, circlet insta-invis).
Old 01-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

I have a 45 war and a 44 SK. I enjoyed the Warrior more. That being said. Paladins are better than either IMO. I have a 59 Paladin.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 45 war and a 44 SK. I enjoyed the Warrior more. That being said. Paladins are better than either IMO. I have a 59 Paladin.
Paladins are made of paper and tears.
Closed Thread