Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-05-2023, 12:54 PM
Banned

If I EVER catch a Rogue pulling or soloing, I drop everything I'm doing and be line it straight to the infidel and bully them off the server.

I WILL NOT tolerate that activity in this holy house of purity.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

If you say fact enough obviously its a fact, Fact.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues operate the same way in terms of HP, AC, and Resistances when it comes to tanking. Rogues don't have some kind of special stat no other class gets.
Rogues are meant to get a super secret tanking boost starting in the midlevels as a reward for ‘high’ (treble figure) agility. Not sure whether it is implemented here. Even if it is it wouldn’t be large. I just wanted to pedant a mo.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-05-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

With a finite selection of gear there are stat trade-offs even in the tier of the loot.

Have BiS? Congrats on a lot of AC
Dont have BiS? Gotta pick what you are favoring.

In general AC is just a bad stat. Half the way rogues take damage isn’t physical so it’s not effective. If you are ignoring str for attack and svs to survive spells hps is a better thing to favor.

If you want to solo, fine. Pick easy targets, bum buffs, or get into poison as a skill. Don’t relay on your AC build. That’s almost as dumb as monks doing less dps for a “stun lock DW build”.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:20 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s almost as dumb as monks doing less dps for a “stun lock DW build”.
I’m a sucker for these kind of dumb builds. I love polished granite tomahawks, axe of slayers, vehement rage swords and runed blades for levelling warriors.

Is there an equivalent dumb rogue build philosophy to the stunning monk or runic warrior?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-05-2023, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there an equivalent dumb rogue build philosophy to the stunning monk or runic warrior?
The Fear Kiting Rogue
Old 01-05-2023, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With a finite selection of gear there are stat trade-offs even in the tier of the loot.

Have BiS? Congrats on a lot of AC
Dont have BiS? Gotta pick what you are favoring.

In general AC is just a bad stat. Half the way rogues take damage isn’t physical so it’s not effective. If you are ignoring str for attack and svs to survive spells hps is a better thing to favor.

If you want to solo, fine. Pick easy targets, bum buffs, or get into poison as a skill. Don’t relay on your AC build. That’s almost as dumb as monks doing less dps for a “stun lock DW build”.
It's not hard to gear anymore, goto open kael raid and do almost nothing for a set of high ac armor
Old 01-05-2023, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you in this thread? /nod This type of inflexible thinking is pervasive in MMO communities and it's gross. Get the fuck out.
Lmao I have a raid geared rogue with 1200ish ac, I wouldn't waste people's time trying to tank on her, bumping a mob with disc till ch chain is rolling on the tank sure, but that's about it, you are a silly goose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Oh ok.