Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should ZEMs rotate periodically?
Yes. 177 88.50%
No. 23 11.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

The current ZEM isn't necessarily classic anyway because it was moved around in live. I distinctly remember all of Kunark having +20%, at least during the era before Velious. It probably got dropped down after Luclin released though.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I voted no. It seems too friendly to do something like this.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessCycle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I voted no. It seems too friendly to do something like this.
Friendly how? We already have some zones that give higher XP than others (ie. "are more friendly"), and nothing about this proposal is about raising ZEMs across the board: it's just about changing which zone gets a better ZEM, ie. making some more or less friendly.

If anything, the change would likely raise the ZEM of more challenging zones, and lower the ZEM of easier zones, making it harder overall for people who just want to XP in easy/friendly zones.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My position is basically that if you need to give extra incentive to go a zone... that seems too nice. It is like you don't want to hang out with your older sibling? Well, if you do, we'll incentivize it somehow for you!! But, to me, things should just kind of be let as they are. It is like some things are just fucked up and just let it be fucked up. I accept this game basically as it is. But, I am a retarded person so this, I am sure, is just deplorable.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current ZEM isn't necessarily classic anyway because it was moved around in live. I distinctly remember all of Kunark having +20%, at least during the era before Velious. It probably got dropped down after Luclin released though.
Agreed. I strongly suspect the Lake of Ill Omen zone got nerfed into a non classic state due to older Bard Swarm mechanics (no limits on mos) and RMT. Pras the server.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It really would be kinda neat to have that thing going to add some more variety. It would also encourage more alts being made because I reckon people are already tired of the whole Crushbone --> Unrest --> Mistmoore --> HHK route in their early-mid games. Why not give some places like Najena and Befallen some love? I don't see how this will break the old-school feel of this server, I really like places like Mistmoore and Unrest not only because of the xp but for the overall feel of them but some extra incentives for exploring and doing different zones wouldn't hurt. After all I think Everquest is supposed to be played that way - exploring and having adventures.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanikozo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really would be kinda neat to have that thing going to add some more variety. It would also encourage more alts being made because I reckon people are already tired of the whole Crushbone --> Unrest --> Mistmoore --> HHK route in their early-mid games. Why not give some places like Najena and Befallen some love? I don't see how this will break the old-school feel of this server, I really like places like Mistmoore and Unrest not only because of the xp but for the overall feel of them but some extra incentives for exploring and doing different zones wouldn't hurt. After all I think Everquest is supposed to be played that way - exploring and having adventures.
Befallen has a high ZEM already -- you just don't see it as full because the zone is very challenging.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of random....I think we should sit down and look at the zones and decide a proper ZEM to match the various attributes of the zone.
This. Generally speaking the traditional Kurns -> Unrest/Mistmoore -> City of Mist -> KC path is the traditional path because it's safe and easy, which also makes it pretty boring. It would be so much more interesting if SG and DN gave double XP instead.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Befallen has a high ZEM already -- you just don't see it as full because the zone is very challenging.
Damn I completely forgot that it actually had a nice ZEM, my bad. Crazy how underpopulated it is.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:54 AM
Kobold

I would vote, knowing it will never get implemented, to get rid of ZEM altogether.
Closed Thread