Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Shaman leveling technique?

I just came from EQ mac and the way I normally did things as a shaman was kiting and sowing my pet (when i get it)

however I noticed that on p99 you get a reduction in dot damage when the mob you are attacking is moving. (which I do remember that from classic so I love that you guys are keeping with the classic as much as possible though I think this was dropped in vellious which was after the point I started playing a shaman)

so what is the normal soloing technique? root rotting? what do you do when you get your pet?

Thanks and any advice is appreciated!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of people melee until the teens, then group until they get a pet or start root rotting.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

root rotting is safest. rot it down to 50% or so (guessing cause i haven't gotten my pet yet) then send in pet to finish off the mob.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

If you're a troll/iksar that worships cazic you can fearkite from 40-53ish pretty quickly on spectres + spectral keepers in trakanons teeth if you get the clickie undead fear neck (dots will still do full damage.) Might be able to do earlier levels but u need to be 35ish to do the faction work for paineel faction, unless you just kill the ambassadors at level 20ish, but that would take a long time i think.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Root-dotting is best unless you have great gear for meleeing. The pet is not a huge help because it takes damage pretty quickly due to its low level (though it can be nice for a little CC). Send it in to do some damage and then send it back out when it gets low HP; you don't need to worry about it outdamaging your DoTs unless you're buffing it up (which I personally don't bother doing).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

For sure root rotting. Does anyone else know if the moving while dotted penalty gets removed in velious? That would be awesome!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

I melee'd with howling harpoon/ until 24, then i got PWC, melee'd until 34 with root rotting in between. It doesn't really get decent until about 34 for root rotting/canni. Trolls seems to have it a lot easier with their regen rate. I leveled up nearly side by side with a troll and i was twinked on my shaman no fungi but twinked everywhere else, the guy just blew past me in leveling; however I don't think I played as much as the guy but I caught up pretty quickly to him (i think we're the same level now)
Closed Thread