Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, we all did not goof up. As it's been stated numerous times being on an encounter log during an FFA kill does not imply any sort of illegality unless you're using your aggro to disrupt someone else's raid. This wasn't a benevolent act to help the server establish a raid precedence, it wasn't a mistake, it was a calculated gamble that you avoided punishment on despite numerous incidences of precedence.
Okay Chest
Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

Simplest solution to any sort of shennaigans is to remove as many variables from player control.

So why not -
Spawned mobs = C/R - no FFA
Earthquakes = all FFA
Bag limits = up for review, I'd say 2-4, altho I probably wouldnt mind none

I mean, classic EQ was all about mobilizing fast, not engaging mobs 0.1seconds after they spawn under heavily controlled scenarios with 2000 rules attached to every buff, movement, etc.

This system would create 3 tiers of advancement - the protected Class R, the mobilization focused FFA, and the instant-engage Class C.
Last edited by wycca; 08-27-2014 at 08:52 AM..
Old 08-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spawned mobs = C/R - no FFA
Earthquakes = all FFA

This system would create 3 tiers of advancement - the protected Class R, the mobilization focused FFA, and the instant-engage Class C.
+1

but I like bag limits for our server, I think they have been a big factor in why sim-repops are so much fun for every raiding guild
Old 08-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1

but I like bag limits for our server, I think they have been a big factor in why sim-repops are so much fun for every raiding guild
Agree wholeheartedly.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

This is why these situations always happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hail my fellow Norrathians,

We all know that in the heat of battle things can sometimes not go exactly as planned, and if someone sees somebody else do something, they immediately try to match it or one up it in order to maintain a competitive edge.

That being said, it is absolutely not ok for trackers to be parked on raid spawn locations.

Doing this, figuratively takes a big old dump on the entire purpose for the Staff telling the players we don’t want them poopsocking the raid spawn locations. We also do not want KoS trackers to be able to get afk FTE’s, as we feel this is more in line with using autofire, than it is in the spirit of the rules set forth, rules that, I will remind you, were all agreed on by the players.

Consider this a warning to all guilds, the next time this happens, you can expect a guild suspension. It’s something we take very seriously, and something we do not want to see repeated.

The loots from today’s Severilous will be deleted because the first two guilds on the FTE list were on the raid spawn location, and because the guild that ended up killing and taking the loots did not have a proper FTE, as they did not allow the mob to reset before engaging it.

<3
The Staff
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Your screenshot fails to show my members response to you and also fails to show a /loc. This is deceptive and inappropriate. Be professional, please.
Closed Thread