Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default Vindicator compromises?

Can we work something out with this npc so that its not FTE for every spawn that isnt in the bad hours? I dont mean a full blown rotation of vindi every 8 hrs but maybe allow guilds to request a specific vindi spawn like once every other week or something? Im sure we all want to snag a vindi here and there, Im also very sure that some of us dont want to FTE and kite every 8 hours.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

311 people in zone causes desyncs. The noble approach doesn't seem that feasible ladies and gents. Rotation wouldn't be the end of the world on an 8 hour spawn. Could make it the new Sky.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Really you are just asking Taken right? They announced their 4th Vindi, Velious opened on Sunday and today is Tuesday... so they are doing pretty well despite whatever desynchs are going on.

I imagine we will likely not see anything with this the first week until they start to show burnout or staff enforce. They have no incentive to give up a good thing.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

I mean if you guys enjoy clicking air we can keep doing this. I just figured people wouldn't enjoy taking the noble approach on a mob that spawns so much.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

After last nights Vindi with 330 people in zone, something needs to be done. Its absolutely insane to continue doing it this way and weve shown we can work something out on things like this with the Noble agreement.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

No Im asking everyone, its like 21 vindi's a week so hopefully we can work something out.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Oh I think we should. The question I was posing was why is it beneficial for those who are winning? What is the "sell." Certainly it's not sustainable to fight for him 21 times a week, so that's part of it and that's a good number.

I think the other side would be to look at the raiding entities and dividing that up per week, per month maybe. So that we know what we are really talking about. Divinity, CSG, Taken, BDA, HK, Rampage, Forsaken, Indignation, and Asgard make 9 guilds. That's 2 Vindis a week with 3 remainder if you did a total split of raiding guilds, giving 9 Vindis a month to every entity involved with only 3 Vindi's up for grabs... I mean, even alliance entities can live with 9 vindis a month.... that's a lot of vindication and a lot of raiding one mob.

I mean, I'm sure we can work something more appropriate out, but if you just did a blanket rotation, everyone gets 9 attempts a month with a couple of FFAs.

On the REVERSE:

If one guild dominates it for a month then they are killing 84 Vindis a month. That means you are focusing 84 raids a month on one mob...instead of focusing efforts on other mobs.

Just so we know the numbers we are talking about here.
Last edited by bktroost; 08-04-2015 at 05:33 PM..
Old 08-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Taken has no plan on killing Vindi 21 times each week rofl

would love something set up around this mob to make it more enjoyable for all in general as he will show up often as winter has arrived [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

This is getting ridiculous. We need to establish something because using the tactic of allowing the first guild to get FTE first and then making sure you get the 2nd one when the first guild goes desync is kind of lame. It sucks when you get FTE and you don't even get a chance to kill that mob.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 08-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Well here's an interesting way to go at it. Considering that there are now 39 timers to keep track of, how many times does everyone really want to be killing Vindi a month? Rather than restricting people to killing him so many times then rotating out, lets look at it the other way.

How often do you want to devote resources to that fight per month?