Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sure could go for a redemption story about now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe Dany will sacrifice herself to her dagrona to save [people], huh?

also, listening to a super catchy kpop tune on le radio atm. It's all like "oh muh muh my! Oh muh muh my! kirao la my blah blah blah." Good stuff ��
Old 05-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sure could go for a redemption story about now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a good Dog, Wonkie.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hound and zombie mountain fight was extremely boring, though ended poetically.
The hound vs Brienne was epic,this was as limp as a 80yrs old man middle stick.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 05-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hound vs Brienne was epic,this was as limp as a 80yrs old man middle stick.
You're right, this isn't epic at all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sometimes I think you lot can't enjoy anything.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

I hope the true Night King walks into Kings Landing and raise 1+ mil toasted zombies and Cersei as Night Queen so she can fuck'em all up good
Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, this isn't epic at all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enjoy a lot of things. Plotline,good storytelling and erm fights that don't rely to heavy on crappy CGI.

Just go back watch hound vs Brienne, ears being bit off,classic kick in the balls down and dirty fight scene and its best, where hound vs the zombie to me looked more like a fight scene from the hobbit.

But each to his own if you like it you like it. I don't.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 05-15-2019, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

I can enjoy a lot of things, but enjoyment comes from the feeling of satisfaction of expectations being met as a viewer at the price of your buying into the rules and limitations of an offered setting of a show. Episodes 3 & 5 of season 8 pretty much look at the rules that are established from seasons 1-4 and said "ah, fuggit."

This is ranging from armor ceasing to work against wooden weapons, characters in the story seemingly teleporting to new locations at convenient times for no good reason (Euron is a much bigger offender of this over Arya) to white walkers going into a hot blaze like dry kindling at the mere touch of fire... until they need to build a bridge of corpses over a blazing moat... god I could go on.

I can enjoy the show as simple brainless entertainment but I stop respecting a show very quickly when the writers can't be assed to look at the years of the same production of things that came before and stick with what's been established.

At the end of things I can say "yes" that I'm glad that HBO made the show at all and carried it through to an ending rather than it dying part way through. That's even more annoying. I have my doubts that time will treat this series well with reviews involving anything from seasons 5-8.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

The extra year they took for the latest season I had originally hoped they used to get their writing in order, but now in retrospect I believe they used that extra year to complete all the rendering. i am disappoint.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The scenery and shooting was fantastic, but the fight was really mundane.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The extra year they took for the latest season I had originally hoped they used to get their writing in order, but now in retrospect I believe they used that extra year to complete all the rendering. i am disappoint.
Good post